Chapter 16 ~ 'I Want To Run Away'

Applejack's POV:

Baby, did I just call Rarity baby? I asked myself as Rarity held onto my hand. As she opened the door and closed the door we both took a deep breath.

"Fresh air," I said to her smiling.

"C'mon, let's go," Rarity commanded.

She let go out of my hand but led the way to wherever McDonald's was from here.

I followed her, no words being exchanged between us. The music from Sugar Cube Corner got quieter as we got farther from it.

Pinkie was lucky her neighbors, or whatever you call them for where she lived, didn't care. If that level of noise came from, say Rarity's home, the cops would be there in a matter of minutes.

Rarity's curled hair bounced off her shoulders and she continued running off. She was going fairly fast for her. But, it made sense.

That party sucked.

It wasn't even the party itself, it was the people. Like Timber, le asshole.

I'm thinking too much, I thought to myself, trying to clear my thoughts and focus on Rarity. Which, I'll admit, was easy to do 😏

It was about a 5 minute rest of the walk, I had no idea how she managed to keep a steady pace and run like it was nothing (with high heels and a dress on). When the McDonald's was in sight, I watched as Rarity stopped running, and took deep breaths.

"This just reminds me why I don't run," Rarity remarked, then she continued speed walking towards to the fast food restaurant.

I had no idea whether or not she was talking to herself or me, but I chuckled in response.

I continued to follow her into McDonalds, when she opened the door, her eyes searched for an empty clean table. When she found one, she ran over to claim it.

I kinda stood there, just watching her like some creep. The table wasn't far from where I was standing. She chose a small table where only 2 people could sit next to a window.

"Applejack, would you be a dear and order for me?" Rarity asked.

"Whatdya want?"

"French fries."

"... And?"

"French fries."

Soon, I found myself in front of one of the works waiting for my order. I wasn't hungry, so I ordered what Rarity asked me to order.

"French fries."

He looked me with no expression. "Ma'am, you're gonna need something with the French fries."

"Can ah just get French fries?"

He rolled his eyes. "My shift is almost over, and I'm leaving this job in a few days, so consider this as a blessing."

He typed something into the cash register thingy. He proceeded to ask if I wanted any drinks, to which I said no.

When I got the food, I carried the tray of French fries to Rarity. She was on her phone, typing up something. When she saw the tray, her face immediately lit up.

"Thank you so much AJ!" Rarity gushed, taking a bite out of one of the French fries.

I blushed and looked at my feet.

She put down her phone and continued eating more of the French fries.

She looked up. "Take a picture it'll last longer." Shit, I'm staring.