Chapter 1

Chapter 1

●●●

It all started on Taehyung's first day of kindergarten, although the real first part of Taehyung's story actually begun the day before Taehyung's first day of kindergarten.

Taehyung was sitting on the living room floor, playing with the small cubes his parents had given to him on his last birthday. It had been his fourth. His parents had been talking in the room next door for quite some time now when his mother entered the room and sat down on the floor next to him.

"Are you having fun?" She asked in a soft tone, watching as Taehyung used one of his tentacles to place the red cube on the blue cube. He nodded absentmindedly, grabbing a green cube, this time with his right hand, and placing it on the red one.

"So... you know tomorrow is your first day with all the other children in kindergarten and I want to talk to you about it." She began and finally Taehyung looked up, placing his hands in his lap and silently listening. He knew that tone on his mother. She only used it when it was about something serious.

"Did I do something bad?" Taehyung cocked his head to his side but his mother quickly shook her head. "No no, not at all. You've been really well-behaved lately. We're really proud of you." She reassured.

Taehyung looked at her with big eyes, waiting for her to continue. If he hadn't done anything wrong, why was she talking like that?

"So we have talked about how people feel about tentacles right? Do you remember?" She patted his leg and Taehyung nodded slowly. His tentacles automatically wrapped around her hand, playing with her fingers and the bracelet she was wearing.

"They are scared, aren't they, mommy?" He asked, looking down at the floor. He didn't like the thought of scaring others. He was always nice but usually as soon as they saw his tentacles either they decided to leave or their parents did for them. They'd always send him these nasty glares like he'd done something wrong but his mother always told him that there was nothing wrong about him.

She just said they weren't used to it and that was why they were scared.

"Yeah, they are scared, even though they are so cute. I mean, look how tiny they still are." She teased, knowing damn well that the last thing Taehyung wanted anything about him to be called was tiny. They pulled back from her instead, wrapping around Taehyung's upper body, sulking.

Taehyung pouted. "They're not tiny."

She laughed, running her hand through his hair. "You're right. I bet they'll be super long and big once you get older." She promised and Tae made a small sound of disapproval, but let her pet him, the pout not leaving his face.

"So back to what I was saying. People at your kindergarten don't know about it yet, so maybe it would be better if these..." She brushed over Taehyung's biggest tentacle. "...stay our little secret? If there is someone you want to tell about them you can, but you really shouldn't let them out while people are around you."

Taehyung frowned. "But I like playing with them. I can always build the biggest towers on the playground when I use them."

His mother sighed sadly. "Maybe you should build a bit smaller towers then."

With that start, Taehyung did not have the best attitude towards kindergarten. He had looked forward to it for weeks but now that he was standing in front of the building he didn't want to go inside. He wanted his parents to take him home. Didn't want to be at this place that didn't allow him to build tall towers.

"But Tae, don't you want to meet the other kids?" His mother tried worriedly when Tae clung to her leg.

The boy shook his head, closing his eyes and pressing his face against the fabric of her jeans. "Wanna go home."