Chapter 4

A/N

Surprise update<3

Chapter 4

●●●

The day of his birthday came a lot quicker than anticipated, although it did have a pretty nice start. Jimin flopping onto him, wrapping his arms and legs around him and holding him in place, just to sing a very off key version of happy birthday, admittedly more screeching it than anything else.

"Happy birthday, my baby. Finally an adult now, huh?" Jimin teased, pecking Taehyung's cheek.

"You're like two months older than me. Don't act like you're all mature." Taehyung pushed Jimin off before sitting up in bed and stretching his arms.

Jimin climbed out of bed, rummaging through his backpack and pulling a small package out. "Now I can finally give this to you." He stood up and climbed back onto the bed where he sat down cross-legged. "Your present." He pushed it into Taehyung's direction.

"I told you not to get me anything." Taehyung complained, but his hands were quickly working the wrapping paper. He didn't tear it, instead carefully opening it around the edges.

"But I wanted to and you have been staring at this for months..." Jimin stated, watching as Taehyung's eyes widened. "You didn't."

The older grinned widely. "What if I did?"

Taehyung stared at the small box with Chanel written on it. Very careful not to break something he opened the box, letting out a high pitched screech. He'd seen enough of these unboxing videos to know what was inside.

Jimin quickly covered his ears with his hands, laughing.

"I fucking hate you. You can't just... Holy shit!" Taehyung exclaimed before tackling Jimin in a hug. "You're the best friend anyone could have."

Jimin patted his back, still laughing. "I'm guessing you like my present."

"It's the best... you're the best. I'm gonna cry." Taehyung exclaimed, sitting back up and carefully opening the second box that was inside the bigger box. Jimin had gotten him sunglasses. The ones Taehyung had silently been longing for for months, although maybe not all that silently.

Jimin patted his back, hugging him tightly. "It's your eighteenth birthday. I had to get you something special."

"You're seriously the best." Taehyung wept, returning the hug.

Jimin grinned cheekily. "I know I am."

The day passed quite quickly. His mother had bought him some cake and they stuffed their stomachs with it for breakfast to the point where they felt like throwing up. After that they watched some movies, played games and went out to the garden for a bit.

Around five pm Mina showed up, congratulating Taehyung and handing him some chocolate and a birthday card. Admittedly things got a bit awkward. Jimin and Mina didn't really have a dislike against each other per say. They just really didn't like each other either. Mina because Taehyung seemed to be more keen on spending time with his best friend instead of her most of the time, while Jimin didn't like her because she took away his best friend's time from him.

They did treat each other politely, but that was about as friendly as it got. By six pm Jimin said goodbye, reminding Taehyung once again that he'd have to tell Jimin everything that happened. Taehyung promised it, hugging his friend before watching him walk off. Jimin turned around one last time, holding up his thumbs and mouthing. "You got this!"