Chapter 11

Chapter 11

●●●

After a week he finally asked his parents whether they could call his college and ask for a different room. He didn't want to force Jimin to move out and so he wanted to instead.

Luckily there was one more room that had space in it. Taehyung got the option of talking to his eventual new roommate and find out whether he'd feel comfortable with sharing a room with him.

Which was why, on the next Friday, he packed his suitcase again and drove back to his college. When he got there it was just ten am and he knew Jimin would be in class, so he didn't really think much about it when he opened the door to their once shared room, just to freeze in place.

Jimin was lying on his bed, reading a book. When Taehyung opened the door his head shot up, so many hard to read emotions crossing over his face when he made eye contact.

"I... I'm sorry... I didn't think you'd be here." Taehyung spluttered, his hands shaking around the grip of his suitcase.

"Wait, Taehyung." Jimin was on his feet in the fracture of a second, hoping he could stop Taehyung from running off again.

The tone of his voice was what stopped Taehyung. Jimin didn't sound... angry or scared. Worried. He sounded very worried with a trace of despair. He crossed the room in no time before throwing his arms around the confused boy. "Please... please don't run off. I need to talk to you!"

If it weren't for the way he said it, Taehyung would have felt dread at the words.

But his mind was having problems even comprehending why Jimin would hug him after he found out. It was almost like he never had.

"I... I don't know if I want to." Taehyung admitted. He couldn't bear hearing that he was disgusting. He was scared. Because he knew Jimin's words could hurt him deeply to the point of no repair.

"Please." Jimin begged, grabbing Taehyung's hands with his own. "I promise it's not bad... I'm not... I'm not scared of you if that's what you're worried about."

A spark of hope went through Taehyung's stomach. Jimin looked like he meant it. Still there was hesitance. He was feeling vulnerable and he was scared of hearing something that would put him in a bad place.

"I don't know." Taehyung repeated and he wasn't lying.

Jimin frowned before pulling Taehyung into the room. There was little resistance from the taller. "You don't have to talk... just listen to me, okay Taehyungie?"

Taehyung's head shot up at the nickname. He hadn't expected to be hearing it ever again, at least not from Jimin's lips. The small sign of affection gave him the strength to nod. "Okay."

Jimin pulled him to sit onto the bed, not letting his hand go for even a second. Taehyung kept avoiding Jimin's eyes but the older began talking anyways.

"First off I want you to know that I really meant it when I said I'm not scared. I was for a second when I saw you like that but it was more because I thought I knew everything about you and suddenly there was so much I didn't know and I started worrying what else there was." He took a deep breath. "Second... I'm sorry that I made you feel like you couldn't tell me. I was childish and an asshole and I hurt you. I'm really sorry for that." Taehyung still didn't lift his head, but Jimin could see the way his posture changed. He looked a bit less tense.

"You're not childish or an asshole..."

"I am." Jimin stated before continuing. He wanted all he wanted to get out there, out there before Taehyung could run off again. "Third I'm so sorry for all that shit I said. I didn't know anything but assumed I did and I attacked you so many times without even realizing." Jimin brushed his thumb over the back of Taehyung's hand. "I spent the last couple of days learning a lot of new things about... you and your... species doesn't feel right to say because you're a normal human being... people who are like you. And I know I was super hysteric in the past with absolutely no reason to be. It's not really scary once you learn more about it, you know. Sorry for making it sound like it was something you should feel ashamed of." Jimin's throat tightened and he could feel tears sting in his eyes.