Midnight Grief

Pyrrha had a look of horror on her face. She just had witnessed you saving her life and yet, you fell six stories down and onto your back. She ran over to the ledge and looked down in horror.

Pyrrha: (Y/N)!!!

Pyrrha quickly jumped off of the ledge and landed on a window sill. The window open and came Nora and Jaune.

Jaune: Pyrrha?! What's wrong?!

Pyrrha: (Y/N)! He fell! He-

Nora: GO! We'll be down there soon!

Jaune: I'll call Gure!

Pyrrha nodded and leapt off and landed besides your body. Pyrrha slid over the stone ground to your body and placed her fingers on your neck to check for a pulse. Once she felt nothing, her eyes widen and she laid you back onto the ground. Pyrrha began to push down on your chest and give you CPR. Pyrrha keep struggling, trying to save you, tears falling from her eyes. After trying for a few more minutes, Pyrrha felt your pulse again and sighed as she felt it return. She grabbed your body and began to cradle you in her arms, tears falling from her eyes.

She glanced up and saw the rest of your team and her own team surround you both.

Silver: What happened to him?! What did you do?!

Jaune: Silver?!

Gure: (To Silver) Cool it hot head. (He walks and knees beside Pyrrha) What happened?

Pyrrha:(Teary eye) He, and I-and he-and-and-

Jaune placed a hand on her shoulder. Burly walked over to them and picked up your body and slung it over his shoulder. Silver nodded at Burly who began to take off towards the infirmary.

Silver: Burly and I got him. Ren, Nora. Get her back upstairs and try to calm her down.

Jaune: Gure and I will try to figure out what happened upstairs.

Gure: Right.

Silver: Alright! Move!

With that, the group moved out. Pyrrha entered her room, guided by Ren and Nora and sat down on her bed. Pyrrha crashed down and began to cry into her pillow. Both Ren and Nora looked to each other, both feeling uncomfortable. However, Nora takes in a deep breath and walks over to Pyrrha's bed and sits down beside her. Nora begins to slightly massage Pyrrha's back in an attempt to calm her down.

Ren then walks over and does the same to the other side of Pyrrha. After what feels like hours but is only a few minutes, they both hear the crying calm down and come to a stop. Ren glances over to Nora and gestures down to Pyrrha. Nora seems to understand and he gets off the bed.

Nora: Pyrrha? Pyrrha, are you ok?

Pyrrha gives a muffled response.

Nora: Come on now. We can't have our heart and soul breaking down like this. We need you Pyrrha. So, Ren and I are going to stay here all night and make you feel better. So, what would you like? Some soda? A board game? (Sees Pyrrha curl up even more and dig herself into the pillow) What's up?

A few more sobs come down from Pyrrha's face. Nora turns over to Ren and gestures for him to come over to them. He nods and walks over to Pyrrha and engages his semblance of emotion control and uses it on her. Pyrrha stops crying and soon, regathers herself thanks to Ren's semblance. He slowly sits her up and Nora jumps right beside her.

Nora: Ok. Now that you'll all calm down, what happened?

Pyrrha: I was...I was-

Ren: Pyrrha. There is nothing wrong here. Just speak.

Pyrrha: I was...questioning if he even cared about me? If (Y/N) still cared about me. For years, he and I have been rivals. However, while I saw it as playful, he saw it as a competition. I guess I never realized what I was doing to him. I was just...to blinded. The people didn't want this or that. Mother and Father wanted me to better than the rest no matter the cost. Soon enough, even he started treating me on the pedestal.

Nora: Well, that's because you're the best.

Pyrrha: I don't care about being the best! (Y/N) was one of the few people who never did that early on. I always thought it was because he knew he could beat me, but I was wrong. Recently...recently I've been a fool. I thought...I thought-

Nora: Pyrrha?

Pyrrha: I love him. He's been my best friend for years. But he hates me. Hates what I do. And he's right. I've been horrible to him. He was only trying to be supportive to his family. Meanwhile here I am getting everything I ever wanted or needed and beating away at the ones who possibly stand as an obstacle. He didn't deserve any of this. It's all my fault.

Ren: None of this was your fault. You did what you believed was best. If, and if I may say, was not the best choice of actions.

Pyrrha: But it was my fault! I pushed and I pushed and I-

Pyrrha began to tear up again. However, Ren used his semblance and calmed her down once again. She wiped her tears away and took in another deep breath. She then stood up and turned back to her teammates.

Pyrrha: I thank you both for your time.

She then turned and began to walk out of the room.

Nora: Wait?! Where are you going?!

Pyrrha: To see (Y/N)!

With that Pyrrha ran outside. Not even thinking about what was along her way. She just ran out to you and the infirmary. She could even hear Jaune calling out to her from the dorm roof. She entered the infirmary and ran past the front desk and to the intensive care. She saw Gure and Burly standing outside together. Pyrrha was ready to brush past them, but was stopped by Burly and his semblance of absorption, using some metal around him to make a metal wall.

Pyrrha: Burly?

Burly: I'm sorry, Pyrrha. But he must rest.

Pyrrha was able to lure Burly to the left but then got around him and saw you through the window. A few tears begin to fall from her eyes as she saw you with the IV bags and life support. Burly placed a hand on her shoulder and guided her over a bit out of view of you.

Burly: I'm sorry, Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: It's my fault though.

Gure: Doesn't matter whose fault it was. What happened happened. There's nothing we can do to change that now. Look, we said this before, you go get some rest. We'll manage things here. See you in the morning.

Pyrrha nodded and headed off. For the next few days, she would come and visit you, stay by your side and spend the rest of the day with you. Both your teammates and hers saw the act over and over again. All of them both touched and concerned for her well being. That Friday, Pyrrha was on the verge of passing out. With that, Jaune and Burly carried her out of the infirmary and back into the JNPR dorm to rest up.

Pyrrha's eyes slowly opened as she looked up and saw Jaune standing before her.

Jaune: Hey. He's awake.

Pyrrha: Wh-who?

Jaune: (Y/N). He's up and-

Pyrrha leapt out of her bed and back down to the infirmary. After once again rushing past everyone, she saw you awake with your teammates, laughing with one another. Tears began to fall from her eyes. She was just about to open the door then stopped. Thoughts of her life with you flooded in and Pyrrha ultimately stopped moving, turned away, and left you and your teammates.