A New Day

The day had concluded with you waking up surrounded by your teammates and friends, all sharing in some laughs and hugs before they headed out for the night. You waved them off and took in a deep breath with a smile on your face. However, thoughts of your dream came to. Pyrrha throwing you off of the bridge, the air choking you. Everything wrong with the world in less than four hours of time and suddenly, it was a week later and you had fallen six stories.

Well, it was still a nice and relaxing evening. Silver's sandwich wasn't bad. Not the best ham and cheese you had, clearly he used Atlas ingredients. Mistral ingredients were far superior which is why there is a massive trade of food between the two kingdoms. Oh well. It was the thought that counted. You looked out your window and smiled in contempt at the peace in your life. Still, you couldn't shake the feeling something was off.

Suddenly, everything hit you. It was Pyrrha. Bits of worry had gotten to you, wondering if she was fine. If she would be mad at you. Should you be mad at her. Granted, if you wanted to be techiqual, it was kinda your fault for all of this. She questioned if you cared about her, which you did, and then you fell from a roof. Then again, if she would just cut back a little, the friendly rivalry she loved would be true.

You took another deep breath and glanced around your room. You saw your jacket and other personal items over on a chair and a desk in the corner of the room. However, you knew hospital laws and if you got out without the doc's permission, it was scolding and surveillance 24/7 for you. So, you reached over and grabbed a word search from a basket on a nightstand beside the bed and a pen and got to work.

You weren't the biggest fan of this type of stuff, but it gave you a chance to think about all the stuff that just went down with your life. More thoughts about Pyrrha had gotten to you, second after second. Finally, you grew so enraged by the thoughts, you threw the word search to the other side of the room and laid down on your bed and went to sleep. However, even in dream land Pyrrha was there. Despite all the constant pressure, you were able to push past all that and in the morning you were officially discharged.

You made the slow walk back to your dorm room and entered. You had a bit of a headache since this morning and you tried to calm it down. You took a deep breath and smiled in contempt once again. However, your teammates burst open the door and made you fall to the ground, clutching your head in pain.

Gure: Oh! Bad timing for an arm wrestle against Burly I guess.

Silver: I tried to tell you!

(Y/N): Yeah, thanks guys.

Gure: Sorry, (Y/N).

Gure helped you up and back onto the bed. Burly walked over and handed you some water and medicine for you. You took it and laid down on your bed. You glanced over to see your teammates with worry on their faces.

(Y/N): What's up?

Burly: Have you...spoken to Pyrrha since you've been out of the hospital?

(Y/N): No. Why? Is something wrong?

Gure: It's just...she has been kinda...off since you were in the hospital.

(Y/N): Off? What do you mean off? She hasn't been worried about anything in her life outside of school and fighting.

Gure: Yeah, but now she's kinda...worrying her teammates.

(Y/N): You guys are just overly paranoid. I'm sure she's fine.

Gure then went to his scroll and pulled up a picture. You rolled your eyes and looked at it and then internally reeled back in a but of shock. The picture was Pyrrha, looking mentally drained and physically unwell. You honestly didn't know what to make of it. It just looked beyond terrifying and confusing. She was the invincible girl, the one who could beat anyone or thing in anything. And yet, here she was, just done with it all. You glanced around, looking for an answer and then you just sighed and got up and cracked your back.

(Y/N): Ok. This...this is bad. Ok. I'm going to go after her. You guys just...do something. I don't know.

You walked out, grabbed your sword, and left the room. You checked out her room, she wasn't there, you checked out the cafeteria, wasn't there either. You sighed again as you decided upon checking out the last possible source for her, the training arena. Once you were inside, you saw Pyrrha wailing down on a punching bag. You took in a deep breath and began to walk over to her, but stopped yourself.

You knew she was hurting, therefore, you wanted to approach this logically. You didn't know what to do, so you mentally slapped yourself in the head, trying to think of something. Then the idea came to you.

Pyrrha kept going at it on the bag, her muscles not as strong as they usually were. She was drained and so far done. However, she then heard a familiar whistling, humming sound. It was her mother's song. A song she used to calm the nerves. To calm you down. Pyrrha turned her body to where the music was coming from and saw you standing there, whistling the toon. She nearly dropped to the ground as tears began to fill her eyes.

Despite that, she kept standing as you made your way down to her. You stopped the song when you were close by her and just stood there, looking at her. Pyrrha weakly tried to walk over to you, but you cut her off by walking over faster and hugging her tightly. She fell into your arms and you gently began to lay her down on the gym floor.

(Y/N): Hey. (Scans her over) You look like garbage.

Pyrrha: I'm sorry.

(Y/N): Don't be. Although, you should have focused on your own mental health. Get you nice and juiced up.

Pyrrha: And why is that?

(Y/N): Well, someone needs to give you a run for their money.

Pyrrha couldn't help but laugh a little. You slowly began to join her and soon, the two of you were laughing with one another. You both stopped once you laid down beside her, both of you looking up into the skylight of the arena. You both just laid there thinking about life or something along those lines. An idea then came to mind.

(Y/N): Say, tomorrow, after you're all juiced up, one fight. Just like old times.

Pyrrha: Would you really do that?

(Y/N): Yeah. Could be fun. I mean, I'll probably get my butt kicked, but I think it might just be worth it.

Pyrrha smiled and sat up. You smiled with her. However, after she stood up, she wobbled a bit and began to lean on you. You slowly began to guide her out. This was a good idea...you think.