Accepting the Past

"Maliha? Is that you? Papa, it's Maliha."

Maliha's green eyes opened slowly at the loud commotion being made. Her eyes widened at the very pregnant sight of Nia. Her lips were wider, and her features slightly swollen with the carrying of a new life. Her once long and pale blonde hair was a dirty brown and her vibrant blue eyes looked haggard. The ethereal quality that Nia had once carried in abundance had seemed to disappear under the harsh conditions of the Svolik but the joy in her eyes could not be confused. Such joy left Maliha perplexed.

"Nia, how are you doing?" Maliha smiled politely as she awkwardly excepted Nia's embrace.

"I can't believe it is you, what a way the goddess works."

Maliha's head tilted to the side in bewilderment at Nia's reference to a singular deity. The last she knew of the Melikit tribe, they had worshipped multiple deity's and held not one in preference over another.

"The goddess does work in mysterious ways." Maliha bitterly acknowledged this as she spotted Javid clinging to who Maliha assumed was his father. His stature was one that Maliha would never forget causing all of her self-deprecating thoughts to crop up in her mind.

Sensing Maliha's distress, Ujarak placed his arm securely around her waist whilst Enzo nestled his head into Uja's chest. Enzo's large grey eyes drooping in fatigue now that he knew his father was safe.

"Is this your- your husband Maliha?" Nia's eyes gleamed with interest and what appeared to be genuine excitement.

"No, but yours is approaching now." Maliha's throat was thick with suppressed emotions that not even she could decipher or understand. Her hands shook as the familiar physique approached them.

His piercing grey eyes lamenting onto Maliha's soul. As soon as they were in touching distance, Javid reached out for Maliha and she reluctantly took him into her arms.

"I am assuming that you are the one who took after Javid?"

Maliha's mouth ran dry as the familiar and yet different voice questioned her. The man before her had vastly changed from the young boy she had once known and yet she could still see remnants of the old him in this older and man.

"Yes, he stayed with my son and me."

"Well thank you, I appreciate it- "

"Maliha," she reintroduced herself with pride and stenches that she did not feel.

Ujarak's grunt of approval had made her façade turn into a reality. She was strong and she was proud of the woman she was becoming.

"Maliha? He whispered in awe.

Glee flitted across her face when she noticed the flash of recognition in his eyes. "Yes, it is me Petr, congratulations on your mating and children." Maliha smiled sweetly.

"Javid is not my son, he is my sister Amala's son, but we have not found her yet."

Maliha swallowed her emotions and tried her best to be impartial. "I'm sorry to hear that, my father sent out warriors to find them a few nights ago."

Ujarak shifted at Maliha's side, his free hand climbing possessively as he stared down at Petr. Although there was a clear language barrier, Ujarak could see the way in which Petr was staring at Maliha and how he had blatantly ignored the presence of his wife.

"I will speak to my father and see if we have found Amala and her daughter. Please make yourselves comfortable and Nia please make sure you eat something. Again, congratulations on your child. May the goddess grant you a healthy child and a prosperous paring."