Coming out part 2

So some things have changed and I want to update you on it. I'm still Demibisexual but I've just finished my first year of university so that was a whole bunch of new people to come out to. Luckily a load of people (like a load) at my uni are bisexual to the point where it might statistically be the norm there, so coming out as bi wasn't a problem at all. I came out as demi to my close course mates during a flat party (why do I always come out at parties 😂) . They didn't know what it meant but when I explained it they were all fine with it.

The biggest change happened literally 2 days ago. I came out to my dad... well accidentally outed myself. We were talking about eyeing things up and I said how I'd eyed up this motorbike I saw in a very oggly way. Ok I think that sentence was maybe a bit too british... Basically I perved on a bike like in movies where a guy double-takes while looking at a girl but me and a motorbike 😂. Funny but not only relevent to set up that I said I also checked out women at the beach when I went the day before (my parents recently moved from my birth city to a small town near the coast). He said "Oo are those some homosexual tendencies" and I said "I kinda thought you already knew. I swing all the ways." Cue a kinda nice but very weird conversation where we were kinda talking over eachother and I slid in a hint of me being demi by saying "Only if I know them" to dad saying that I love everyone. He ended up singing All you need is Love by the beetles for some bizarre reason as I walked beside him and tried not to implode from cringing. So surprise, surprise, my dad didn't really care and was supportive. He didn't ask any awkward questions and we just left it as that.

Later on we went shopping and I saw a lacoste watch with a rainbow crocodile on and I said to my mum that I thought it looked nice (I'd never probably buy such an expensive watch unless I'm loaded in the future but we can dream) and mum said "We can't wear that because it's a rainbow and they've made it so the rainbow's there's so we can't wear it anymore." about gay people of course. What absolute bollocks, which I told her. And then I said "I can wear it either way." Which lead to "So you're LGBT then." "Yes, I already told you this, I'm bi." then she just humpfd...

So my dad's supportive and my mum still seems to think it's some phase I'm going through. That's fun.

Again, come out when you feel ready and safe to or not at all. It's completely your choice and noone should judge you on it.