Friday

10:39 am

The girl waltzed around her kitchen as she made herself some pancakes, relieved that school was cancelled due to a teachers meeting.  Sitting on her kitchen counter, she dialed Adonis' number, asking him to come over for his favorite meal.

In a few minutes time, the boy was at her doorstep, his mouth practically watering at the scent of freshly made pancakes. Not even bothering to say hello, Adonis (in a trance,) made his way to the kitchen, stuffing himself with the pancakes the girl put on his plate.

Rather than waiting on the starving boy to finish, Victoria headed to her room where she dressed in sweats and a top, not bothering to look good as they were going shopping. Grabbing her purse, she walks downstairs, smiling when she finds that the dishes had been done by the now full boy.

"Ready?" He asks, stretching. Scoffing, she opens the door for the boy and locks it behind him, already having her car playlist ready to play.

________________

"Aha!" He said, startling the girl as he parked his car beside the gate. She smacked his arm and continued to scroll through her phone, occasionally taking pictures of the god-like boy.

The duo went to multiple stores, exhausted after not being able to find anything that fit either of their styles. Victoria wanted a black dress that was simple, yet eye catching. Adonis wanted to match with Victoria so he just waited for her to find her dress like the good friend he is.

As they walked by the remaining stores in the mall hopelessly, Victoria noticed a small boutique in the corner called 'gownosis.' The pair made their way to the black gowns where the girl's eyes went wide as she felt her favorite material between the hundreds of dresses.

Digging her hands deep into the rack, she pulled out an off the shoulder black satin gown. It was formfitting at the waist and puffed out at the bottom like a ball gown. The dress had a large slit on either side which would definitely catch the attention of her fellow students. It was the dress, she thought; She just needed to try it on.

As she slipped on her dream dress she felt pretty, for once, not paying attention to her many scars on her shoulders and arms. Walking out of the dressing room, she captured the eyes of many, their faces filled with awe. Adonis stood up, unable to believe the sight before his eyes and how pretty his friend looked.

"Vic.." he said, breathless before grabbing onto her waist. His mouth was wide open, his eyes even wider.

The girl laughed and placed her hands on his face, squishing it.
"You look like a fish," she said with a stupid grin.

The boy shut his mouth and moved his finger around in a 'turn for me' motion which she obliged. They both nodded, this was the one. Heading back to the dressing room and putting on her sweats, she walked over to the cashier beaming.

"That'll be $170 please," the lady at the cash register said, putting the dress in the bag. Victoria put in the card, waiting for the machine to beep and then put it back in her wallet. They left the shop but not before thanking the lady.

"So, where to?" The girl asked, not knowing where Adonis buys his suits from.

The boy took her hand and led her to a decent looking shop where he greeted the young clerk.

"Black on black buddy," Adonis said, sitting down on one of the chairs and gesturing for her to sit on the other.

The guy came back in an all black suit with a black button down to go underneath which looked elegant and sleek, very fitting to the boy's style. Adonis took the clothes and went to the dressing room, quickly putting it on.

"Can i peek?" The girl asked, awaiting an answer before pulling apart the curtains.

Her eyes went wide, "Adonis this.." she couldn't continue she was blown away.

The boy already knew what she meant. He took it off and changed back to his black top and jeans and immediately headed to the cashier.

"$125 please," the cashier said, before taking the money in Adonis' hand.

The pair walked hand in hand to the food court where they sat at panda express and ate their food in silence, quite happy that they found their outfits for the dance.

A few minutes after, Adonis looked past Victoria and waved ferociously, making Victoria choke on her noodles with wide eyes.

"Are you on crack?" Victoria asked Adonis, who looked like a total idiot. Adonis nodded and winked, ushering whoever he was talking- or signing rather, to to join them.

Victoria turned around with furrowed eyebrows, looking through the crowd of people for someone she might recognize. She turned back around only to find that Adonis wasn't sitting alone but instead with Peter, Ned, and Harry.

"What the hell? When did you guys get here I was just looking in that direction," she says as she points to where she was looking, clearly confused.

Peter smiled softly, making her heart melt, but she didn't tell him that. Instead, she raised her brow at him which made him stop.

 Instead, she raised her brow at him which made him stop

"Lookin' good Vic," Harry says, biting his lip.

Victoria scoffs as she continues to eat her noodles, not paying attention to anyone at this point.

"Did you guys find what you're wearing to the dance?" Adonis asks, cracking the fortune cookie.

The trio nodded, two of them showing him bags from macy's. Harry shook his head yes and explained that they were shipping his in tomorrow as it was custom made, obviously.

"Did you?" Ned asked, looking at both Victoria and Adonis.

They both nodded yes as they pointed to their bags. They made small talk, mostly Adonis and the boys since Vic was eating but nevertheless, she spoke as well.

"good and bad will come soon, be careful and live in the moment," Adonis read out loud and crumpled the paper.

"pathetic," Harry said, as he opened his own.

"Don't worry about money. The best things in life are free," he read and grinned before crumpling the paper.

Victoria opened hers, "forgive before it's too late," she looked up at Harry with confusion masked on her face.

Peter cracked open his, 'the love of your life is right infront of your eyes,' it said and his eyes widened as he looked at Victoria.

He cleared his throat, "A-all things come to an end," he said, lying to the group.

"Depressing much?" Adonis laughed, brightening up the mood. The group made little of the small pieces of paper, but Victoria thought different. It felt like these weren't any regular fortune cookies but instead a warning.