Wounded

tw/blood

As Enigma roamed the streets of Queens in her handmade ensemble, she noticed a familiar face walking home, carrying a couple of heavy bags which looked like they were holding the older man down.

The girl came out of the shadows, approaching the man in a friendly manner and extended her hand, taking a bag from him. He didn't have to ask who she was, her dark facade and costume made it obvious. 

Ben Parker was a pure hearted, selfless soul who always made sure his family were doing okay before tending to his own needs. The girl had seen him many times in school events cheering for Peter alongside his wife, May.

"So, what's it like being a superhero?" He asked, looking at the masked girl.

After a minute the girl replied,"tiring, but then again really energizing. It makes you feel really good about yourself knowing you helped someone, you know?" She paused before continuing, "plus you get to make friends which is nice."

The man nodded and stood by the mailbox, giving the girl his keys before grabbing the letters and looking through them.

- play listen before i go by billie eilish -

The girl opened the door and put the bags on the kitchen table like instructed, smiling when she saw pictures of Peter on the fridge, along with some old 'artwork' of his. As she was leaving the house, she heard the sound of glass breaking, which made her turn immediatelyknowing exactly what was going on. She quickly went to Ben, who was still outside reading his letters.

"Do you have any family members in the house?" The girl asked calmly, grabbing his attention.

The man shook his head, "my nephew is at the library and my wife is out with her friends."

"Listen, I'm going to go back into the house, no matter what happens I want you to stay out and call the cops," the girl warned, quickly rushing back into the house and shutting the door, not wanting whoever was in the house to leave.

She quietly made her way to where she heard the sound, her eyes seeing clearly in the dark. She noticed a figure in the back, holding on to  a bag and a gun, which looked like a single-shot pistol, but then again she couldn't be so sure. She said a quick prayer as she made her way towards him, her mind free from any fear.

The girl didn't pay attention to her surroundings as she stepped on the broken glass, making the robber turn around and shoot, merely missing her. A breath of relief came out of the girl as she kicked the gun out of his hand, placing him on the ground awaiting the sound of the routined sirens.

The police officers barged into the house with flashlights and weapons, heading over to where the girl was standing. The lights were still off, probably meaning the robber had cut off the electricity in the whole house. Her heart beat fast, it wasn't the first time she got into problems like this.

All that crossed her mind was the fact that she was safe now since the robber unwisely used his only bullet in the dark, unable to hit the hero. The girl walked, not looking back until she heard someone shout "watch out!" Immediately feeling warmth in her abdomen. She touched the area, feeling a thick liquid seep down her stomach, smelling like metal and rust.

She quickly put pressure on the wound in attempts to stop the bleeding as her knees gave in, sending her to the floor. The girl cried out, not only of pain but of fear. She was young, she had her whole life ahead of her and she didn't want it to end. Not now.

The medics rushed her out of the house, carrying the hero into the ambulance, her eyes slowly shutting. She couldn't feel her hands and then at once, she was out.

Uncle Ben held on to his nephew, eyes wide at the scene and heart beating fast, saying quick prayers for the girl. Peter looked at the stretcher, trying to identify who had been hurt, stepping on his tippy toes to get a better look.

His uncle tried to shield him from the body, but curiosity got the better of the young boy. Shakily, his hands reached his mouth as he noticed the costume of the girl, who he identified as Enigma, his partner in crime.

The police took away the bandit and informed everyone to go back to normal, as if the teenage girl's life wasn't on the line at this very moment. Typical of the authorities to do.

The boy rushed to his room, shutting the door behind him as he sat on his bed trying to steady his breathing. If only spiderman was out that night this wouldn't have happened. It would have been him instead of her.

The young boy blamed himself even though he had nothing to do with it. His eyes grew red, water seeping down the sides of his face as he thought of the girl in black and how he wished it was him.

Peter's hand trembled as he put them to his head. She wasn't just a superhero, she was his friend. He didn't want to lose her. Not now.

The girl was badly injured, the bullet ran through her organs, putting the girl at risk for a shorter lifespan as the doctors said

The girl was badly injured, the bullet ran through her organs, putting the girl at risk for a shorter lifespan as the doctors said. She would live, indeed, but not as long as she hoped for. No matter what, she couldn't know this and her father made sure of it.

News outlets spread hashtags across social media's in hopes to gain awareness for the girl. No one knew of her identity so they all sent empty prayers to her alter ego rather than Victoria Smith, the 16 year old girl who risked her life for the citizens of Queens.

#SaveEnigma #Pray4Enigma #LongLiveEnigma

Adonis knew of her superhero antics, him being the first and only person she told. With the hashtags trending all over social media, it wasn't hard for him to realize what had happened.

The boy had expected to find heartwarming messages from fans, but instead his heart dropped as he read the headline,

'Enigma, Queens loved Superhero Rushed to the Hospital after being Shot during a Robbery.'

AN: I'm not going to get into the medical procedure because I have no clue how everything works but I'm gonna try to make it seem as realistic as possible

AN:
I'm not going to get into the medical procedure because I have no clue how everything works but I'm gonna try to make it seem as realistic as possible