8| The Reason Why Nibi Rescued Serenity

As Nibi held Serenity close, Serenity could almost hear Nibi's heart beating.

Then something came across Serenity's mind that she forgot to ask Nibi about.

"Nibi?" Serenity began.

"Yes? What is it, Serenity?" Nibi asked as he looked at her.

"Why did you rescue me for?" Serenity asked as she opened her eyes and looked up at Nibi in a curious manner.

Nibi looked at Serenity in surprise.

Then Nibi smiled.

"...I rescued you because I was worried and I couldn't stand the sight of seeing you on the verge of death...

Another reason why is because you're too cute and pretty for someone like you to die...You're too beautiful for that..." Nibi explained.

"And even though we just met yesterday, I was starting to fall in love with you..."

Serenity looked at Nibi in shock.

He was already starting to fall in love with her even though they just met?!

No way!

Serenity began to blush a little as she continued thinking about that.

"Um...O-Okay. T-Thanks for rescuing me..." Serenity replied as she stuttered a little.

Nibi smiled and kissed Serenity on the forehead as he looked at her.

"You're welcome..." Nibi replied back as he chuckled a little. "Just one question..."

"Wh-What?" Serenity asked.

"How old are you, Serenity?" Nibi questioned.

"I'm...15." Serenity answered as she looked at Nibi, while still blushing a little.

Nibi's eyebrows rose.

"Woah! You're around my age!" Nibi exclaimed. "...You just look so much older."

Serenity's face turned a deeper shade of red as she looked away.

"Th-Thanks...So...How old are you?" Serenity asked.

Nibi smiled.

"I'm 15 too..." Nibi answered.

Serenity looked at Nibi in surprise.

"I'm speechless..." Serenity mentioned.

Nibi pulled Serenity close to his chest as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"You shouldn't be...A lot of people think I look older and grown up even though I'm not an adult..." Nibi replied as he looked at Serenity.

"Looks are deceiving....Huh?" Serenity murmured as she looked at Nibi and smiled with her eyes half closed.

"That's what I was thinking too..." Nibi began as he gave Serenity a warm, gentle smile.

Silence fills the room as Serenity and Nibi looked at each other in the eyes.

Then Serenity's stomach began to growl a little.

Nibi looked at Serenity in surprise before chuckling a little again.

Serenity blushed a little as she wrapped her arms around her stomach before looking away in embarrassment.

"Aww...Is someone hungry?" Nibi asked in a playful, teasingly manner.

Serenity's face turned redder than a tomato as she shook her head.

"I-I'm not hungry..." Serenity lied.

Nibi pulled Serenity close and kissed her on the cheek.

"Yes, you are...Your stomach gives it away, so there's no point in denying it..." Nibi began as he ruffled Serenity's head before standing up.

Then Nibi yawned and stretched a little.

"I'm gonna head downstairs and fix us breakfast...You can feel free to look around and see if there's anything that fancies your interest while you wait for breakfast to be served..." Nibi said as he looked at Serenity over his shoulder.

Serenity nodded.

Then Nibi kissed her on the forehead before picking Serenity up, bridal style, and taking her downstairs.

-Downstairs-

Once Nibi made it downstairs, he walked over and laid Serenity down on the couch.

"You wanna watch TV while you wait for breakfast?" Nibi asked.

Serenity nodded.

"Alright...What channel do you want to watch?" Nibi asked again.

"Um....Channel 43?" Serenity said.

As Nibi turned the TV on and to Channel 43, Serenity seemed to be interested in the channel she brought up as the anime "Naruto" came on.

"Anime? Is that what you wanted to watch?" Nibi questioned as he looked over at Serenity.

When Nibi didn't hear a reply from Serenity, he looked over at her and suddenly noticed that she was very interested in it.

"Yeah...That's what I wanted to watch..." Serenity replied for a few moments.

"Okay...That's cool. I like watching anime too. "Naruto" is one of my favorites..." Nibi said as he smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

Serenity smiled.

"Alright. I'm gonna head into the kitchen and start making breakfast...Let me know if you need anything." Nibi said as he headed in the dining room, while putting an apron on.

"Okay..." Serenity replied.

Then she continued watching "Naruto".