The Favor

Harry tired to ignore everything he had just witnessed . He refused to believe that Draco had hidden feelings for Hermoine. He knew Draco had absolutely no chance with her due to the fact that she was currently in a relationship with Ron, he tormented her for years with rude remarks, and because he was an ex-Death Eater. while thinking about all this, Harry began feeling something in heart, a strange somber feeling. This feeling was pity. For the first time, Harry felt bad for the blonde haired boy. He felt bad because he knew the feeling of unrequited love, from his past experiences with Cho Chang. From this point on Harry decided that he would try to be civil with Draco, not only because he was curious as to how he felt about his best friend, but because he felt like he could relate to him.

Oh shit, Granger noticed. Draco mentally scolded himself for staring at Hermoine for so long, but he just could not take his eyes off of her. He admired he brains, and cleverness, and most of all her beauty. Hermoine was everything Draco thought he needed. With flushed cheeks, and heart racing, He quickly got up from the Slytherin table and made his way out of the Great hall, too embarrassed to finish his meal. He raced down to the Slytherin dungeons and entered his room, and was surprised to see that someone was already there. Harry was sprawled out on one of the plush green sofas, and studiously reading his potions textbook.

"When did you get here Potter? I could Have sworn you were still in the great hall" Draco said sounding slightly startled.

"Maybe if you weren't drooling over Hermoine you would have noticed that I left" Harry said with a smirk. Draco froze and his cheeks turned a bright shade off crimson. He realized that he must have zoned out for quite a long time, and instantly began worrying if others noticed as well.

"Oh, um. well, you caught me Potter" Draco admitted with a shrug of his shoulders. He finally controlled his breathing, and his heart rate slowed so he entered the room. He dumped his books onto the floor and plopped down on his bed.

"So what was that all about?" Harry asked like a girly sense of enthusiasm.

"Pipe down Potter its nothing"

"It definitely is not nothing" Harry exclaimed jumping on to his bed across from Draco

"Then what do you think it is Mr. Potter?"

"I believe you fancy my best friend and you are too ashamed to admit it"

"ugh, you are both correct and wrong. Yes I find Granger attractive, but I'm certainly not ashamed to admit that"

"Do you like like her?" Harry inquired with a grin involuntarily appearing on his face.

"Since when did you get so chummy? And Why would you even care about how a feel about someone?"

"Well obviously I am going to care if that person happens to be my best friend, and I thought since, we are rooming together, we may as well make an effort to not hex each other every five minutes."

"Seems fair enough. So is this a Truce Potter?" Draco asked extending his hand out to Harry the same way he did on their first day at Hogwarts.

"Yes" harry replied taking Draco's hand in a firm gripped handshake. In the back of his mind, Harry wondered how Ron would react to this.

"but you did not answer my question..."

"You think im just going to pour out my secrets to you?"

"Why else would I ask? My goodness Malfoy get over yourself and spill" Draco rolled his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Well where do I start? One shes very intelligent, unlike the majority of the other girls here, she's not afraid to punch a guy in the face like in third year, and she's extremely attractive and..." Malfoy trailed off imagining himself with Hermoine, only to have that thought ruined by another, thought... Ron. Harry Noticed Malfoy's expression go from pleasant to somber, and knew exactly what happened. Harry Felt that feeling of pity come over him again and felt the need to comfort him.

"Hey, I know. If it's any consolation i don think they are going to last. He's too dumb for her."

"Ha, thanks Potter."

"if you want, I could throw your name out in a conversation and see how she reacts?"

"No don't even Bother, I don't think that would end too well. As long as Weasley is there, she is going to say something negative"

"But you never know unless you try..."

"Oh shut up. I don't need to hear any of this Gryffindor bravery"

"I'm offering to do you a favor, that may help you out, Merlin, Just accept it! Why must you be so difficult?"

"You know what Potter Do what you want. I don't care anymore. My Parents are probably going to arrange a marriage for me so what does it even matter?"

"Well it might be fun to have a fling for your last year at school"

"Fine. If you say so" With that, the boys didn't speak for the rest of the night and busied themselves with homework. Harry decided to go visit his Gryffindor friends, and left the dark dungeons of the Slytherin Chamber, and ventured up to the Golden Gryffindor common room.

Please comment what you think!! (This is not a dramoine, it's just to get the story moving!) also don't forget to vote!