Wear Your Heart On Your Sleeve

August 10th: 1888

A fated meeting. How quickly my desire came to pass. Once I had begged my merciful God for such an occurrence, I now beg for the memory to be taken away. Perhaps it was not real? An illusion from a devil out to trick me and temper my mission. My memories of last night oh so clear to me, even now...

The moon, glowing like candlelight illuminating his face and his face alone. Access to his masked features bestowed into my own eyes. Chiseled jawlines screaming noble blood to any who bare witness, a gateway to those lips that shall conquer my thoughts forever more. Deep pink, near red, gates that remained shut, as long as neither I, nor he, spoke. Oh how I wish they would open, and that I may be so lucky as to have a key. Blue orbs, so pigmented that one would say there were dyed in some way. How could my attention be on anything else? His eyes were gleaming like the very stars that were created on the 4th day of Creation. If this man were truly the devil, perhaps he saw their creation? Genesis was always my favourite bible passage, the beautiful universe created on a single week.

I could have asked Jack about it if he had stayed, a moment after my whispered response, he has disappeared. The blink of an eye and he was gone. Did God deliver me to that fountain of the Holy Mother, merely to give me a vision of my Foe? Why? Why would the most heavenly attempt to tempt me so?

.....tempt..

Genesis 2, Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden. Eve was tempted by the devil in her time. Is this Gods way of testing me? Scaling my resolve against hers? I shall not abandon my mission. This devil is beautiful, yes. Perhaps he is Michael himself? Gods most trusted, fallen from the Heavens to become the Devil? That would explain his angelic beauty.

Heavy is the crown of death I shall bare, I must.

Loath as I am to do so, my dearest, Jack. I shall still accomplish my heavenly duty. Oh how I now pity Eve, how tempted she must have been. I can see why. The devil is so beautiful to see, a most literate poem, containing the most vivid of images, brought to physical form. The form of a killer.

Weakness is not a quality I shall bare. Powered by the loss of a blessed mother, my conviction is resolved. Despite the beauty of the devil, the temptation that lures my desire, I shall still accomplish my mission.

My dearest, Jack. Why would God grant you his heavenly beauty? How is this Gods mercy?! I devote my life to my heavenly lord and yet..... He tortures me.

In my most lonely time, who wouldn't wish for an angel? My luck sadly, delivers me a fallen angel.

Regardless, I shall ignore my hearts desire, and follow my mission to its resolution.