A Third Date, Perhaps?

September 1st: 1888

I shot her.

My Angel.

My enemy, yes. But she means so much more to me than that. She is smart, that was obvious by her first note. It was so clear to me then, that this woman knew what she was doing.

Still, to this day I have no idea how she found that body, I certainly didn't kill that woman. Perhaps it was a mugging ending with the victim dead? From what I saw of the body, she was rather beaten. But the gun shot is what confuses me. Why would a man, having got what he wanted from his victim, still kill her?

None of the injury's I saw could have killed her, but they certainly looked like they would have. True, she may have spat blood from an internal injury, perhaps this gave the killer the idea what they were dying quicker than they thought? The case still intrigues me to this day.

However, sweet Angel, how did you get there? I know your too pure to attack someone in such a way. It was a vicious attack, nearly as animalistic as my own. Keyword: nearly. As I am sure, my dear, you know what my murders look like. The nickname 'Jack the Ripper' is no coincidence.

Yes, I slash my victims to pieces. On the contrary my dear, you are not a victim. At least not one I intended to create. I can't believe my own impulses, how could I just shoot you. I must find a way to save you.

My....best friend, he was a doctor. I gained a few skills from him during our time together. We would always spend the evening conversing about possible ways to kill someone or something nearly as extravagant. Quite a pair we were, thick as thief's. It's truly a shame he never got to meet you, my dear. You would have liked him, and he would have doted on you greatly. I would put him in his place, of course. You are mine, Angel. I refuse to share you with anyone. In a way, I'm glad he has departed from this life, I wouldn't have to fight my best friend over you. But for now, I must save your life.

The clouds are coming the majority of the moonlight, and what they are not covering is being blocked the tall buildings around us. Yet, I can still see the blood quite clearly. Your losing too much of it, you passed out a few moments ago. It seems you don't have much time and time is essence.

I gathered you into my arms, while being careful of your wound. Blood poured into my white attire, but I didn't care. You head fell to my left shoulder, your hair cascading town behind you. It was then I saw a flash of white in the corner of my eye.

Another note.

I looked down at you, still panting for breath in my arms. You wrote me another note, my dear? Oh how I wish I had time to read it.

I took you to my house, laying you onto the bed. I am lucky I keep surgical kits in my washroom, right Angel? I turned my head to you, your panting now. Time is running out.

I began the surgery, it took a while. The bullet was removed, I am glad it was still in there. You had no exit wound and the bullet kept most of your blood in. It's a lot more painful to experience, however. At least you were unconscious through the experience. I can imagine that would be quite the story to tell.

I cleaned the wound and sealed it up. I carefully wrapped the bandage around you. Don't worry, my dear, I didn't see anything. I am a serial killer, not a pervert. I have more respect for you than that.

Now that the wound is closed your breathing much better. You are rather pale, however, I will have to keep an eye on you.

Since I had a while to wait for you to awaken, I decided to recount our previous encounters. Your rather obsessed with completing something aren't you? I wonder what it is?

I also have to question your reasoning for wanting to meet me. Not many people seek out serial killers, even less people leave notes asking if they are, and I quote "ready to meet you". Why is it that when we first met, face to face, you nearly cried from sadness? I would assume you were saddened by me for some reason. I know that I am a reasonably looking gentleman, so my appearance shouldn't have made you cry. In the past many women have attempted to catch my eye. None, however, in the way you have my dear.

If my appearance didn't make you disheartened, then what did? The more logical reasoning was that you found me attractive. However when I introduced myself and you realised who I was, perhaps you thought we couldn't be together. Yes that seems the more likely option.

But is it true? Do you like me in that way? I tucked a piece of hair behind your ear as my head filled with contemplations. No! I must stop this theorising now. Never theorise before you have date, Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories instead of theories to facts.

No, I shall wait to confront you. I will wait until I can see those beautiful green eyes of yours. Please, my darling Angel, I await your awakening. What thoughts will flow through your conscious mind when you realise where you are? Will you thank me? Or will you damn me for taking you away from having access to heaven. From meeting your lost family once more.

I know I am a selfish man, Angel. But, as rare as it is to admit it, I need you Angel. For evil is indeed the man who has not one woman to mourn him.... I don't want to be evil anymore Angel.

......I love you. Please wake up.