I owe you my life, Jack the Ripper

September 2: 1888

I felt warm.

Is this the warmth of Heaven? Am I to be graced with entrance into your Kingdom, my Lord?

I failed to complete my mission, God I failed you. I apologise from the deepest depth of my heart and soul. I devoted my life to you and to this, I wish I could finish my life's work. But now as I feel this heat, I feel blessed. I am warm, as if in an embrace.....wait a moment.

I could feel arms around me, strong ones. Are these the arms of God? Or perhaps an Angel carrying my soul to Heaven? What will I see when I open my eyes? Darkness? A void? Clouds? The Great Pearl Gates of Heaven?

I opened my eyes slowly, the area around me was blurry. I still felt that heavenly warmth. Yet, I could see no Heaven. Where am I? It looked like a bedroom, at least it resembled one through my blurry vision. My eyes still felt heavy as I surveyed the room. I was lying on a bed, I turned to look at the size but was stopped by a shot of pain. I grimaced and returned my head to its original position.

I can still feel pain? Am I still alive? That shot should have killed me, yet here I am, still in pain. Is this purgatory? Is God punishing me for not completing his mission. With that contemplation in mind, I surveyed the rest of the room, there was a desk and chair, made from a dark wood, polished to shine, next to the window to my left. A cabinet of the same materials in front of the bed, on top sat a tea set. A matching wardrobe consumed the space between the cabinet and the corner of the room, to the cabinets right. Two doors caught my eye from the right side of the room, as there is a wardrobe in the room I assume one of the doors leads to a bathroom. The other must be the entrance.

I tried to sit up, but immediately fell back down to the bed. I was in so much pain. I looked down my body only to discover a large bandage wrapped around my torso. Somebody saved me?

Then I remembered about Jack. If Jack had brought me to a Doctor then he would risk getting caught. How else would he explain why he has a dying women in his arms. If that is the case, how did i survive? I must have been seen by a doctor, or at least someone with a lot of medical knowledge. I tried to sit up again, only to shout out in pain. Then I felt sudden movement to my right side, my immediate right side. A man sat up straight and gazed into my eyes, even through the blurriness I recognised those blue eyes anywhere. You started asking me a lot of questions, who knew you were so mothering?

Good morning Jack.