three

On Monday morning, when the Losers were all at some bench for their regular rendezvous, Richie had a pretty big announcement to make. After yesterdays small meetup with Eddie, some shit happened.

"So what's the news this time, Tozier?" Asked Ben, who held a Pepsi cherry in his hand, he had decided to wear a bright blue sweater today.

The seven of them were all sat in their usual seats at the bench- except for Eddie and Beverly. Today Eddie had came late because he was waking up his dad, so Beverly decided to take his seat. Next to Richie, of course. But that was peculiar, because Bev never steals his seats (at least until the previous Saturday)...

Richie smirked and put his arm around Beverly who smiled. Ben began to fiddle with the top of his Pepsi can when he noticed Beverlys red-lipped smile. "Just wanna ask you guys if it's A-okay to date Bevvie 'ere!"

The lot of them just stared at Richie like he was fucking crazy- which, he was. Bens cheeks had flared up as he stared at the two of them, Bill, Stan and Mike had quirked their eyebrows, and Eddie squeaked and slapped his hand over his mouth.

"Are...you serious?" Stan asked.

"Yeah. We wanted your guys' permission."

"Well, you should be allowed to date who you want without our permission, Rich." Mike added.

"You wanna date her?!" Eddie asked without thinking.

Bev gave him the middle finger. "Yes, he does. And I want to date him. Let us live, jackass." Now everyone certainly didn't expect these two seemingly best friends to be so rude to each other.

"Ladies, ladies," said Richie. "You're both pretty so stop fighting over me!"

Eddie blushed and looked down. Had Richie forgotten about all of their years of 'experimenting'? Did Richie not...want him anymore? Why Beverly? Why Beverly Marsh?!- what's so good about her?

"I think we're gonna go. Thanks guys." Bev said and stood up. Eddie had also noticed that she was wearing one of Richie's jackets; a red one with soft fur in it (Richie lent it to him once). The new couple began walking away. Richie was smiling.

Eddie hated his heart feeling hurt.

"I don't get it, Stan." Eddie shut his blue locker door after getting all of his books and folders. He was already in a pissy mood because of his father, and then Richie announced that he and Bev were dating as if Richie hasn't been shoving his dick up Eddie's ass for two years. "I just don't get it."

Stan huffed. His arms were crossed over his chest; his hair was curly and sandy, he also rolled his eyes at Eddie complaining. He looked down at his best friend and adjusted the glasses he wore on his face. "What don't you get? He likes her. She likes him. Now they're an item."

"But I just don't get why. Why her? I mean, she's gotta whole lot of problems!"

"Eddie, having problems doesn't make you not worthy of happiness-"

"That's not what I'm trying to say! I just thought he'd have higher standards..." Eddie sighed and looked at Stan.

"-besides, Eddie, we've all got issues. They've practically been eyeing each other since freshman year. I'm not surprised."

"I am! I am. Richie's too good for her, Stan. He's too h-...important to be with someone like Beverly."

"Sounds like you're a bit jealous." Stan nudged him and smiled. One thing about Stanley Uris is that he's very... unpredictable. One minute he's trying to prove some point and then he's laughing and talking snazz. "So you like Beverly, too?"

"The fuck?! First of all, no I'm not jealous!" Eddie said, baffled by Stan's utter stupidity and obliviousness. But actually, it is Eddie's fault for Stan to assume that. Eddie hasn't told anyone he's gay, no one except Richie.

Well, here goes nothing. "Second of all, I'm-"

"There you guys are," said Richie, coming from out of nowhere. He had Beverly under his arm. "Was lookin' for you bastards." He came over to Eddie and ruffled his hair, making the smaller boy blush. Richie then went to touch Stan's hair only for his hand to be slapped away harshly. "Take it easy, nerdy sleezy."

"The fuck are you calling a sleezy, jackass?" Stan shook his head and glared at the Trashmouth.

"Anyways!" Richie changed the subject easily. "Bill was wondering if you guys would wanna go to the mall after school."

"Why didn't he just ask us himself?" Asked Eddie.

"He's too busy shoving his dick up Audra's vag, obviously."

"Richie!" Stan punched his arm, blushing furiously.

"Yeah, truly disgusting, Richie." Bev snickered, catching Richie's attention again which- for some reason- made Eddie's blood boil.

God, he was such a fucking whore for Richie.

"Well, you're truly beautiful, Miss Marsh."

"Richieee, stop!"

"But I love you!"

"Okay, okay! I love you, too." Bev stood a bit taller to plant a light kiss on Richie's freckled and blemished cheek. He smiled bashfully.

"Aww, shucks! I think I've oughta marry you someday, m'lady!"

...Marry her? Eddie thought as he stood next to Stan, both sharing the same grossed out look, watching the two lovers being all disgustingly affectionate. He has gotta be joking.

"We'll come to the mall for Bill," Stan interjected, which made Richie pull away from Beverly easily and look at them. Eddie's cheeks were painted a red color, almost resembling two huge cherries on his face, and Stan just looked really annoyed.

"Yeah, we'll come." Eddie said through grinded teeth.

"Great!"

"Yeah, cool."

"See you soon, then."

"Lunch is in an hour, Richie. We'll see you there, too."

"Oh, I forgot about that!"

"Actually," Bev said. "We're skipping lunch."

"We are?"

"We are," she kept a hateful gaze at Eddie which he didn't understand. "I need to spend time with my boyfriend, don't I?"

Eddie hates that word she's using for Richie.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Of course." Richie nodded. He looked at Eddie's short frame too, except with a hidden expression that Stan couldn't make out because he was staring back and forth between Richie, Beverly, and Eddie.

"Um," said Stan. "I'm gonna go to English." He started to walk away and down the hallway.

"Me too." Eddie quickly followed.

Richie watched his friends leave (mostly Eddie stomping away on his small feet) but remembered he was standing in a hallway. He felt Bev tugging at his arm and dragging him somewhere, except he wasn't paying attention. A few questions were playing in his head like a never ending fiasco; why, all of a sudden, were his friends (mostly Eddie again) being so angry?
Why aren't they happy for him?
What's wrong with being Beverly's boyfriend?

He didn't know. And Richie wants to know.