Chapter 16

Haylee's POV.
The town wasn't the worst, but it's a little too crowded for my liking. Oh well, I never liked going to town anyways.

Out of no where, I hit a wall. Not an actual wall...but a wall of muscle. I glanced up to apologize. My mouth screwed shut, and my throat went dry. Standing there in their wonderful glory, was none other than my ex mate, Alpha Zander, my male best friend, Alpha Caden, and my ex Alpha, Alpha Hanns.

They were in just as much trouble as I was. I muttered an incoherent apology, before zipping around. But that was only to bump into another chest. My mind went haywire at the sparks.

"Fuck you walls of fucking muscle. God damn you stupid Alphas," I cursed.

"Good grief, Haylee. Such a potty mouth," Hanns chuckled. I growled lowly at him. I then gaped in surprise when Johna placed himself in between me and the other three Alphas.

"Do not speak to my mate like that," Johna snarled angrily. I winced as the Alphas stared deadly at their King.

"She is mine!" Zander voiced in a hard tone. Hanns growled after him while Zander took a threatening step towards Johna. I stood frozen in my place. Did he just-

Oh, he did, Haylee, my wolf growled.

"What do you think your saying, Zander? You rejected her, and now you want her back?" Hanns shouted.

"You have no room to talk, Hanns," Caden muttered, loud enough for us all to hear.

"And you do? What have you done for her?" Hanns shot back.

"I didn't abandon her when she needed me the most," Caden countered, referring to both Alphas. Hanns was lost for words, and his facial expression mirrored shock. Zander looked away, watching the people walk away with confused, guarded, and/or feared looks in their curious eyes.

"You left her without thinking how she would feel? You make me sick. What Alpha leaves their Gamma Female: their only Gamma to be exact? Better yet, what kind of Alpha are you if you reject your mate because she was scared of how she felt?" Johna scoffed.

"She didn't want me," Zander quietly mumbled with unshed tears. My heart literally stopped. I choked on a quiet sob, earning the boys' attention.

"Oh really, Zander? You rejected me because you accused me of wanting to leave you. Your words were: quote, You aren't the type of mate that loves and cherishes her mate. I can't believe that I am the Alpha who has that type of mate, unquote," I snapped at him.

He clenched his jaw tightly, whispering, "You gladly left me in the dirt to run my pack alone."

"Well, I bet you have another mate by now. It's been, what? 6...no...almost 7 years since you last seen me? You must have the perfect mate by now. She must be waiting in your bed, waiting for your return home."

"I do have a beautiful mate. She runs my pack like she owns the place, and I'm quite happy with her. Unlike you, my little mate, she didn't leave me the first chance she got."

"You must have the perfect pups, too, since I wasn't allowed to carry your pups, so I won't keep them waiting."

"I do. I have two good sons. They are my world, and you won't take that away from me," Zander growled, causing Johna to snarl in my defense.

"At least carrying the King's pup won't make me regret anything, though, I wouldn't have regretted carrying your pup either," I spoke in a softer voice.

"You're pregnant?" Johna asked as his body stiffened. I nodded slowly. His breath hitched, and he turned to face me. I sighed.

"I was going to tell you after I came home," I said. His head dipped to the crook of my neck, nuzzling gently, breathing in my scent, and planted small kisses.

"What are we having?"

"I don't know yet. I told them not to tell me until I told you I was pregnant. We can go look tomorrow," I promised, facing back to the three Alphas.

I spotted three females walking towards us. I stiffened when I caught Zander's scent mixed with the brunette she-wolf's. I swallowed as they joined our small group, evening the numbers out. The raven haired girl stepped to Caden's side, the blonde haired to Hanns's, and the brunette to Zander's.

"Your Majesties," the raven haired girl nodded respectfully. The blonde studied me. Then, with a smile, she bowed her head as well. Brunette girl eyed me with narrowed eyes. I growled lowly at her.

"What are you doing here, Sam?" Caden asked, who I assumed was his mate, the raven haired girl.

"That goes for you, too, Mal," Hanns demanded, frowning at the blonde.

"I hate being cooped up!" the girls exclaimed in perfect sync.

"Where are the boys, Bella?" Zander questioned her.

"Daycare," she replied, never moving her eyes from mine. We had a tense stare down. We released growls here and there, but neither of us budged. Our mates stiffened when neither me nor Bella spoke a word.

Vicious snarls snapped us out of our trance. We stared at each other for another moment before turning to the forest. I sniffed the air. Rogues.