Epilogue

Haylee's POV.

I picked up my baby boy, cooing at him. Stera was gawking and aweing at them. Johna sat on his throne in the Throne Room (where we were at).

His mother dropped Jazlynn in his lap, saying she had to take care of her duties. I glanced up at my mate, gazing at the adoring sight. I sighed in content, truly happy with the outcomes of my life.

"Well, Emilio. You've got an extraordinary father, a caring mother, and a big sister who will love you forever. How does that sound? Is there anything else you would want?" I cooed.

He opened his little brown eyes, staring at me. A cheeky grin appeared, and he gurgled lovingly. I smiled at my baby. I felt his hands on me before I even realized he moved.

"What a beautiful sight," he growled heatedly in my ear. He only had a single arm on me, but it was just as strong as all my strength. In the other arm, he held our little angel. He gently nipped at my neck repeatedly.

"Johna, please not in front of our children," I pleaded in a whine. I leaned back into him, frustrated all over again.

"Don't worry so much, Love. It's not like they understand."

"And that's exactly why I don't want them around when you're doing these things. When they grow up, they'll start asking what we were doing, and-"

"Baby," he teased with a grin. I shut my mouth. "They will learn this eventually, but there's no need to worry about it now. Just relax. How about I go draw you a nice, warm bath. Sound good?"

I let out a heated breath as his hand got needy. I bit my lip, watching it rest between my thighs. I blushed, and then I felt why he did that.

"Why are your hands ice cold?" I shrieked. I closed my thighs to get his hand away, but he firmly kept his hand there. "Johna-"

"Thank the babies, not the mate," he simply answered. He squeezed my inner thigh to stop me from moving around. "You might not want to do that, Mama Bear," he whispered.

"Why are you blaming our pups for your cold hands?" My face was blazing, so I cleared my throat to try to make it seem natural.

"They were freezing last night, so I kept them warm all night. By morning they had stolen all of my heat. Will you help me get it back, Halyee-boo?"

"Haylee-boo? What the heck happened to my fierce mate that had no soft spots whatsoever?"

"I was never like that, Love."

"Right. You were either too busy teasing me or hating me."

"Geez. I'm going to draw your bath water." We set down our pups, and he left the room. I smiled longingly after him.

The twins picked up their toys. Jazlynn bit her stuffed tiger's head. Emilio just stared at the elephant that lie in front of him.

I love my family, and I will do whatever it takes to protect them.

You can count on that.