Chapter 20

Haylee's POV.
7 months later...

I pushed myself up to stand, but I had to drop down on the bed to sit. A hand reached into my vision, and I looked up. Johna smiled knowingly, gently wrapping his arm around my waist, helping me stand up.

"You okay, baby girl?" he asked as I gazed into his beautiful brown eyes. I felt as if I was in a trance. Just then, the pain started. I hissed curse words underneath my breath.

"It hurts," I groaned weakly. Johna rubbed my back soothingly, picking me up with complete ease, calmly leaving the house.

•••••

We named our son: Emilio. We named our daughter: Jazlynn. Yup, we had twins, one girl and one boy. Our daughter was born first, leaving Emilio to be our youngest. I was in labor for 47 minutes and 39.476 seconds with Jazlynn. Emilio took 38 minutes and 7.825 seconds.

"I love them so much," I whispered, tears spilling from my eyes. I hugged my son closer to me, and Johna held his daughter protectively.

"They're not leaving our side until they're 18," he stated strictly. I laughed.

"Already protective I see."

"How about one more to go with them?" he growled huskily in my ear.

"As tempting as that sounds, I can't have another baby until after a year. So, sorry to burst your ego, my dear king."

"Boo-hoo." He pouted his lower lip. "We'll wait 6 months."

"You don't listen, do you?"

"Nope."

"Let me just have a few months with these two," I sighed.

"Then more cubs?" he asked with a childish grin. My head went into a shallow bow and raised back up to look at him. He was smirking in complete victory. He dipped his head to kiss me softly.

"You'll be an amazing father, Johna," I said softly.

"And you'll be a wonderful mother, ma petite luna." Johna growled lovingly, grazing his nose against my cheek. I gently kissed his Adam's Apple, and he placed a solemn kiss on my forehead. I love this man, and I don't know what I'd do without him. He's my perfect mate.

There will be another book!!!
Book 3: "Behind the Mask"
Find it on my profile. First chapter will be on January 1st. Hope you enjoy it! Also, I will warn you in advance, there will be expectations that I will be giving to go onto the next chapter. Thank you.