[2] Gear Up

"I don't think people understand how stressful it is to explain what's going in your head when you don't even understand it yourself."

-Anon.

It was lucky that Atsuko had memorised the route back to the building she'd come from, otherwise she'd have to trail after Kakashi, and that would have been awkward.

Besides, the man had just broke her down into worry.

Not the usual type of worry; this worry could be described as a more concentrated, determined worry.

One that made her want to pass, for no particular reason.

As she turned another corner, surveying the lifeless shops, she feft lonely. It was strange; she hadn't really known anyone here to begin with, and now she was wishing for a form of company.

Well, that was even stranger.

"Atsuko, wait up!"

Said girl halted, then peered over her shoulder, and saw Kakashi walking after her. Seemed like her peace had been short-lived.

Wait, she'd just been complaining about being lonely.

Was she bipolar or something?...

The ninja came to a stop beside her, and looked at her quizzically. "You all right?"

Atsuko shrugged, "Depends on your definition."

"My definition is that you have no concerns on your mind, and are entirely calm."

She hadn't really been expecting an answer. "Then, I am afraid that I am not all right, by your definition."

"That's unfortunate,"

"Yes,"

The two continued to walk, no further conversation attempted. However, there was no tension.

A few minutes later, a loud grumble broke through the silence. Kakashi halted, and the girl stopped with him.

"That wasn't me," the male stated.

"Me neither," Atsuko retorted.

"Then who was it?"

"Some non existent being,"

The teacher chuckled dryly, "Come on. Let's see if we can get you something at the market."

The girl didn't laugh, but didn't frown either. She was still sure that it hadn't been her.

The market was not as dead as the other streets; it had a more lively aura with people of various ages passing between stalls.

"Do you want to try some ramen?" Asked Kakashi scratching the back of his head.

Atsuko tilted her head to look up at him, "Sure."

The man took a seat at a small stall, which was equipped with a kitchen, with delicious smells, sending the girl into a hungry frenzy. She sat down beside him, and silently waited for him to order.

"Two bowls of pork ramen please!" Kakashi called out to another man behind the stand.

"Coming up!" The male answered. "Who's this with you, Hatake?"

"Mizutani Atsuko," the brunette supplied. "I'm his new student."

Whilst the cook had his back turned, Kakashi quickly whipped Atsuko's headband off, causing her to give him a questioning stare.

Then she realized it would be slightly conspicuous to have the headband of a dead village on you.

She nodded at him, to confirm she understood the action.