[12] Let's Talk Feelings

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

-Helen Keller

A cool wind graced the air, as Atsuko sat silently right outside Tazuna's house; the squad had come back here after the mission to wind down.

Kakashi was tending to his wounds, Sakura was attempting (key word: attempting) to tend to Sasuke's wounds, and Naruto had gone off in the forest to think.

Atsuko was doing the last on the list, the same as her blond friend, except in a different area.

She let out a sigh, bringing her knees to her chest, and resting her chin on them. The sun was still in the sky, but was coming towards the horizon, and the young girl was simply watching it's descent, as she tried to sort through her understandably jumbled feelings.

What was I like before all of this?

Zabuza said that I would have been closed off, and prideful...

Heh. Sounds like a certain Duckbutt.

She let out a loud yawn, leaning back and setting herself on the wooden planks below. Her blue eyes steadily moved across the sky, admiring the clouds.

"Atsuko!"

"Hm?" The girl answered, sitting up, with a bored expression.

Sakura sat beside her, with a concerned frown. "Have your wounds been patched up?"

"Dunno," Atsuko replied, scratching her head. Sakura bit her lip, aggravated by her teammate's response, before gently placing a plaster on the brunette's face. There had been a small cut there, bleeding slightly.

"Don't neglect yourself," the pinkette scolded, rolling up Atsuko's sleeve to inspect her scar.

Atsuko offered little resistance.

"This is definitely going to leave a scar," Sakura stated, her green eyes scanning the thin, angry red line winding down Atsuko's arm.

"It looks badass."

"You cut your arm open!"

"And?"

There was a pause.

"Sakura," Atsuko suddenly said, "you're actually really caring, you know that?"

"R-Really? Sasuke doesn't seem to notice..."

"Then he's blind," the brunette replied bluntly.

"Atsuko!"

Sakura glared at her, as Atsuko sniggered to herself; but the rosette's look softened, as she saw the other girl smile.

"You're unique," Sakura complimented in return, rolling her sleeve back up.

I like the fact that it was unique, and not different. There are different words for different times.

"Atsuko," a new voice came from behind.

The two girls turned around to see Kakashi, was looking... nervous?

"I'm going to get straight to the point; when we get back to Konoha, I want you to see a psychiatrist."

Said girl frowned, "Why?"

"Your mood changes... they... I want to know if you have a condition."

"Why?! There's nothing wrong with me, damn it! I don't need to see a fucking psychiatrist!"