[4] Wrong Mission

"Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'."

-Ronald Reagan

"Sasuke, I'm at point B." Duck Butt's voice came on Atsuko's radio.

"Sakura, I'm at point C."

"Naruto, I'm at point A. Believe it!"

"Atsuko, I'm at point D." The brunette informed the group.

"Go slow, Naruto." Kakashi sighed. "Ok, Squad Seven! Hmm?" Silence. Then, "Target has moved!" As there was a rustle of bushes. "Follow it!"

The four teenagers peeked out from their hiding places, and observed the object of interest.

"Over there!" Naruto whispered.

They moved once more.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked.

"Five metres," Atsuko confirmed.

"I'm ready, just give the signal!" Naruto said.

"I'm ready too," Sasuke answered as well.

"So am I!" Sakura said.

"Cue it, sensei," the brunette of the team told their teacher.

"Ok... now!" Kakashi finally said.

The four adolescents leaped from their places, but Naruto got there first. "I got him, I got him!" He said excitedly, as the cat in his arms yowled and squirmed.

"Affirmative, we got a positive ID," Sasuke told Kakashi, as Sakura watched the feline in the blond's arms.

"Right, lost pet Tora, captured. Mission accomplished." Kakashi said.

Naruto began yelling about wanting a proper mission, and how he hated cats, so to put him out of his misery, Atsuko grabbed the hissing animal from him, and stroked it to calm it down.

They returned it to the owner, who cuddled it happily, a little too close for the creature's liking.

Atsuko watched it, and randomly thought that at some point, she should get a cat.

"No wonder it ran away," Atsuko commented as she watched the poor thing get uncomfortably squashed.

They returned to the Hokage's office, where he told them of possible 'missions'.

That which included gardening, babysitting, and numerous other bothersome tasks, until Naruto interrupted with a loud, "No! I wanna go on a real mission! Something challenging and exciting, not this little kid stuff! Come on, old man!"

That was just disrespectful.

Although to be fair, he had a point. And from the expression on Duck Butt's face, he looked like he was thinking the same.

Sakura just looked like punching the blond for being... Naruto.

What's new?

"How dare you!" A teacher next to the Hokage yelled. "You're just a brand new Genin with no experience! Like everyone, you're given simple missions to develop your skills and prove yourself!"

"Are you serious? Babysitting isn't a mission, it's just a stupid— gaaaaaah!" Naruto exclaimed, as Kakashi gave him a whack on the back of the blond's head.

"Will you put a lid on it?" The man sighed.

"Naruto!" The Hokage said angrily. "It seems you do not understand the tasks you have been given."