[7] Training and Thinking

"Watch carefully, the magic that occurs when you give a person just enough comfort to be themselves."

-To Kill a Mockingbird

As a stray light darted across her face, Atsuko groaned, as the brightness penetrated her eyelids.

Stupid daylight.

Muttering and grumbling, she tried to turn onto her side, and got a burning pain in her arm as she did; so naturally, she yelped, and slipped into her original position, on her back.

Then she remembered the situation she was in.

She had no clue where she was. She had no clue if her comrades were all right.

And... most importantly...

I'm really damn hungry.

So, not without certain reluctance, Atsuko sat up, and stared around the room silently, before looking down to see her arm in a slightly clumsily made sling.

The brown haired girl smiled a little.

Sakura...

More than a little wary of her surroundings, Atsuko stood up, and walked out of the room, surveying the corridor before her.

Plain coloured walls. Judging from some photos hung up, most likely a family home. Nothing much to fear. In possiblity, this might even be that Tazuna fellow's household.

Hn, good observation.

Damn it, Duck Butt, your limited vocabulary is beginning to rub off on me.

Atsuko turned left, coming to the end of the hallway, and stopping in the doorway of a small dining room, where she saw her customer drinking tea at a table.

When he saw her, in the corner of her eyes, he grinned widely, "So you're up! The blond idiot was pretty worried about you; the one with pink hair as well."

The brunette slowly nodded.

The man turned around in his chair, and called into the next room; "Oi! Your friend is awake!"

There was the sound of clamber, before Naruto burst into the room, yelling Atsuko's name, before he promptly flung himself towards her and gripped her shoulders.

Atsuko stumbled back, a little unbalanced.

"Atsukooooooo! I was so worried, ya know!"

Said girl smiled at his concern, "Thanks, but as you can see... I'm pretty much alive."

The brunette heard her name once more, and looked up to see Sakura and Sasuke enter the room.

Sakura ran over to Naruto, who was still holding tightly on to Atsuko, and gave him a small slap. "Idiot! Her arm!"

"Her arm isn't fully healed yet, you moron," Sasuke monotoned.

Atsuko spared him a small glance, and for a split second, he gave her a shallow smirk, which the brunette knew was intended for her.

She raised both of her eyebrows back, which made him roll his eyes, yet he looked the slightest bit amused.

Atsuko turned her attention back to Sakura, who was checking if the bandages were secure.

"Thanks," the brunette suddenly muttered, "for... worrying about me."

Naruto was quick to react, with his infamous closed eyes grin, with a slight blush on in cheeks; "It's no problem, ya know! After all, you're my friend right? Of course I'd be worried!"