[8] Story Time

"Anybody can win unless there happens to be a second entry."

-Anon

Atsuko sat, and watched skeptically, as both Sasuke and Naruto shovelled food into their mouths.

Sakura wore the same expression.

It seemed that the two were now completely sure that one was better than the other; and were hell bent on proving the other wrong.

"Seconds, please!" They yelled in unison.

"Slowpokes," Atsuko smirked triumphantly, displaying her empty bowl to them both, which made them pause in annoyance.

"Stop eating if you're going to vomit!" Sakura shouted, watching as their faces turned green, the symptoms of indigestion hitting fast.

Duck Butt shook his head, "No. I'll eat."

"I'll eat too," Naruto panted, "I need to get stronger, and be able to have loads of food, in case I get captured and the enemy force feeds me!"

"Just for the record, that seems greatly exaggerated," Atsuko murmured.

Tsunami collected the plates, and went into the kitchen to wash up, whilst Sakura approached a picture in the wall.

"Excuse me," she said politely, although her green eyes were sparkling with curiousity, "why is the corner of this picture torn off? It looks deliberate."

There was a significant shift in the atmosphere, as it went from light hearted to tense.

Atsuko slurped her water, with a nervous look on her face, Damn it, Sakura, watch your mouth!

"That's... my husband," Tsunami eventually confessed, her tone cold and stiff.

"He was once called the hero of this town," Tazuna continued, as Inari slipped out of his chair and exited the room.

"Inari, where are you going?" His mother asked, alarmed. The boy left wordlessly. "Dad," Tsunami sighed, "I'm always telling you not to talk about that man in front of him!" She then ran after her son.

Sakura persisted, "I'm sorry," she apologized, "but what did happen?"

Take the hint, you fangirl.

"Inari had a father, that was not related by blood, but they got along like a true son and father. Back then, Inari was different..." everyone was then partially surprised to see Tazuna break into tears, "however, since the incident, he has been damaged. Ever since his father... the word bravery has forever been taken from the people of this island."

"How did it happen?" Kakashi asked.

What the- I didn't even see him over there...

"First, I'll need to explain how Inari met the hero of this island."

Oh God, here we go. Sob story time. Gather round kids-

Shut your trap and stop being disrespectful.

"You see, three years ago, Inari was bullied quite often, and one day, these kids took his dog, saying it was theirs now. They then threw it into the water. After being told that it was his business to save it, Inari tried to swim and get to him. I'm going to emphasize the fact that this dog knew how to paddle. And so Inari almost drowned..."

Holy fuck.

"However, he was saved, and when he came to, a man had saved him, and assured him that those children had been dealt with. The man offered to give him dinner, and do the two sat down and had along chat, and Inari took a liking to him.