Chapter four ✔

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk in my own garden forever."
-Alfred Jennyon

Asher

Asher woke up from his dream feeling suffocated. He noticed his sheets were soaked with sweat as he tried to detangle himself from them. He sat at the edge of the bed with his head in his hands.

Dear god of dreams, I THINK I'VE HAD ENOUGH! I know the crash was my fault. I know, and I've been paying the price for a year now. Can't I catch a break with these damn dreams. He stayed in the position for a while, waiting for the response he knew wasn't coming. Asher got up and shook his brown locs out of his face.

He tried turning the lights in the bathroom on to both avail, trying the hot water tap he realized there was no power in the house.

"Shit!" He cursed, hitting the wash hand basin with his fist. "Shit! Shit! Shit!"

He immediately opened the tap to run the cold water over his fingers. Cold shower it is then.

He navigated his way to the simple shower cubicle that also housed all he and his cousin's bathing products. There were only two bathrooms in the simple three bedroom house and his cousin, Rafael, shared one with him.

Letting the water run over his body, he thought back to the dream.

"Abby, Abby slow down, I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?!," she snapped, her hazel eyes flashing as she turned around.

"Look, I don't know what happened."

"Right," she scoffed, eyeing him with distaste, "of course you don't. You promised me, Asher."

"Yeah.. I know, it's just that.."

She held up her hand, it had started to rain and hair straightened her was reverting back to her natural curls, "you promised me that -"

The pain from punching the wall had snapped him out of his thoughts. So much for anger management classes, he thought as he watched the blood pool at his knuckles. The dreams were always so different that he wasn't even sure what had really happened. All he knew was that he was to blame.

Rinsing the blood off, he stepped out of the shower and went back to his room. He picked up his phone from the nightstand to check the time and noticed the phone was dead - and his phone charger gone.

Realizing what had happened, he grabbed a purple t-shirt from his cupboard then threw it back in. Opting for an orange one instead. Purple always brought her to mind and that was the last thing he wanted to think about. He was ready to move on from all that stress.

Grabbing his navy blue hoodie and its matching joggers he headed down to find the rest of his family.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

"Ah, el príncipe llega."

Rafael sat at the circular dining table with his hand in a box of cereal. The curtains were open and the newly risen sun was shining through the window.

"Where's my charger you prick?" Asher growled at him, "my phone's dead cause of you!"

"Oh? That was yours?" He replied, not bothering to look up from his phone.