Chapter twelve

"The journey of a thousand miles begins in one step."
~Lao Tzu

John

John counted himself quite unfortunate. He had waited for years to get Abby only for her to get with Asher. Then the accident happened and as sad as it was, he had seen a silver lining in the fact that she had no memory of her ex; he would finally be able to make his move. Months had passed but their relationship was the same as it had always been. And now Asher was back in town.

Maybe I should tell Ashlyn about seeing Asher, she might actually know what to do. He thought as he lounged on his bed, after all, none of us want them to get back together.

Two days had passed since the incident at the pharmacy and John was still angry. He couldn't believe Asher had the guts to show up after everything he had done. He also couldn't face Abby and add to the pile of lies he already had.

*Ring Rinnggg*

John glanced at his phone screen to find Abby's name lighting the screen. Staring at it for a while, he decided to pick up.

"He-hello," he stuttered, clearing his throat.

"Hey, John!"

"Abby?" He asked, not recognizing the voice at the other end of the phone.

"Oh, haha. No, it's Bianca. Abby wanted me to give you a call and ask you to come over."

There was a pause as John searched his mind for what to say.

"Uh, hello?"

"Sorry," he told her, shaking his head. "What does she need?"

"I didn't know best friends needed a reason to see each other," another voice said.

"Ashlyn?"

"Yes, dumdum."

"I didn't realize it was a full house.. where's Abby?"

"Yeah, well I've been over since Friday. And Abs' in the bathroom."

"Okay good, I need to tell you something."

"Uhh, do you want to text me? Cause it's on speaker and Bianca is here... no offense B."

He heard a Bianca mutter "it's fine".

"No, it doesn't matter if she hears... Asher is back..."

"What did you say?" Ashlyns voice spat.

"Asher? Asher Garcia? He's back in town, I saw him on Friday at the pharmacy."

"Come over right now."

He was about to reply but was greeted with the dial tone. Shaking himself out of shock he headed to the bathroom for a quick shower before going to the Wallace's.

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Ashlyn

Ashlyn and Bianca stared at each other in silence as they attempted to process what John had said. Ashlyn put her fingers to her lips and pointed at Abby's bathroom door. She increased the music playing through the speakers to mask their voices.

"What. The hell. Do we do?" She asked Bianca.

"I think we should tell Abby..."

"What?!" Ashlyn exclaimed, jumping from the bed. Realizing how loud her voice was, she lowered it to below the volume of the music. "What the hell do you mean we should tell her?"