Another Encounter

~Time skip: 3 weeks~

Dongheon tapped his finger against the table as he waited for Jeongin to arrive. Furious knocking was heard and Dongheon had opened the door. Jeongin looked at him as he panted for air.

"Did you run?" Dongheon asked full of concern.

"Minchan invited me out. He said to bring you along." said Jeongin with a bright smile.

"Wouldn't I be intruding on your date?" asked Dongheon.

"It's not a date." Jeongin said with a pout. "It's not..."

"Really? I figured you two would be at that stage by now." said Dongheon with a confused look.

They exited the building as they made their way to the meeting spot.

"I don't think Minchan is into guys... That's why." he said with a frown.

"Did you ask?" asked Dongheon.

"Well, no, but he hasn't shown interest in me or any guy for that matter. He does look at women though..." said Jeongin, each word feeling like knives stabbing into his heart. "I got my hopes up only to be brought back to the crushing reality huh? I was paired with a straight guy."

Dongheon hit Jeongin who in turn hit him back. Jeongin frowned at the sight of Dongheon's upset face.

"Don't say that. I'm sure there's a reason you were paired up with him. I've never heard of a pairing of two people who weren't into the same genders." Dongheon said as he looked through his memory.

"Maybe we'll be the first." he mumbled.

소디악

Jeongin happily skipped over to the meeting spot and realized they were the first to arrive. Just as he started to look around, he lost his sight. He flailed around in a panic and ended up hitting Minchan square in the jaw.

"Shit..." Minchan said as he babied his chin.

"Min? I'm so sorry. I thought I was being kidnapped and I just... sorry." said Jeongin apologetically.

Dongheon noticed someone else had stepped out of the store Minchan had come out of.

"Chris." he blurted out.

Chris looked at him then briefly waved. They both looked away as they really didn't know what to say to the other.

"Anyway, Dongheon, I need you to stay with Chris for the day. Thanks." said Minchan before quickly dragging Jeongin away.

They looked at each other then back where they last saw Minchan. Chris moved closer to Dongheon then quietly held the hem of his shirt. Dongheon found the gesture cute.

"Is there anything you want to do?" asked Dongheon.

Chris remained silent. Dongheon felt unnerved by this. He wasn't sure if he could get along with him at this rate.

"Beach." Chris whispered.

Dongheon didn't hear him, but didn't want a repeat of last time. He sighed then decided he didn't really have a choice.

"Could you say that a bit louder?" Dongheon asked.

Chris trembled as his eyes darted everywhere. Dongheon noticed this then hugged him. He didn't know why, but he felt it was the right move. Chris rested his chin on his shoulder and hesitated before hugging him back while gripping his shirt in the process.

"You're uncomfortable around me, aren't you?" asked Dongheon quietly.

"Not really..." replied Chris as he started to like Dongheon's scent. "It's hard to explain..."

Dongheon pulled away then noticed they had talked comfortably as if they had been friends for years.

"Do you mind repeating what you said earlier...?" Dongheon tried.

"Beach..." said Chris a bit louder.

"That's quite a trip from here, but if it'll make you happy..." Dongheon said as he looked up directions.

Chris smiled to himself as he held onto the hem of Dongheon's shirt. Strangely, everything about this felt nice despite them only being acquaintances. Chris looked up at Dongheon then down at his hand. Dongheon finally got the app to work then noticed Chris had taken hold of his hand. He continued to stare until he pulled away.

"We should get moving." he said before taking off without Chris.

소디악

Neither of them spoke a word to each other the entire ride there. Chris quietly followed a good distance behind Dongheon. He didn't want to upset him again. He looked off towards the beach and saw the sea. He couldn't wait to wade in the water.

They placed the towel they had bought on the way here onto the sand then placed their things down on it. Chris then took off towards the sea barefoot. He rolled up his pants then stepped into the cool water. He crouched down slightly and ran his fingers through the water. He wondered what his destiny was like. Were they pretty or handsome? Did they like the sea as much as he did? What were their hobbies?

A wave came in and threatened to knock him off balance. He stood back up then looked back at Dongheon. Chris searched around for a seashell then spotted one he thought would look good with him. He picked it up then washed it off before scurrying back over to Dongheon.

"For me...?" asked Dongheon.

"Yes." Chris mumbled then placed it in his hand.

"Thank you." said Dongheon with a smile.

It was then Dongheon lunged forward and caught Chris in his arms. He wasn't sure what had happened, but it probably wasn't anything good. He moved to call 119 then was stopped by Chris.

"I don't want to worry Min..." he said weakly.

"But it could be serious..." countered Dongheon.

Chris shook his head then sat up. He rubbed his temples in hopes of easing the pain.

"Ever since Jeongin entered his life, he's been so much happier. He doesn't look as stressed as he used to. Just having to deal with me is stressful enough. His job is stressful too because he teaches and has to deal with teens. I don't want to ruin his day off with my problems..." Chris said while holding back his tears. "It's the least I can do for him..."

"You really have a heart of gold..." said Dongheon as he fanned Chris.

He soon felt pain in his hip around where his birthmark was. He didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to see. He didn't want to know who his destiny was. Dongheon looked at Chris who looked like he was in pain too. Dongheon checked his hip and saw his birthmark was glowing purple. He scanned the area, but he didn't see a purple light anywhere. He looked at Chris who's inner thigh showed a slight purple light. He didn't want to believe it.

He moved Chris's hand and saw it as clear as day. The light disappeared and so did the pain. Chris was his destiny. Why did it take a month after meeting for it to happen when it occurred instantaneously for Jeongin and Minchan? They looked at each other then swallowed.

"I don't want to be your destiny." they said in unison.

"Oh, then that makes things easy." said Dongheon cheerily.

Chris nodded while smiling. Here they both thought they had to sit through a tear fest. Both were quite thankful the other didn't want to start a relationship.