The Next Step

~Time skip: 1 week~

Chris stood outside the door and nervously looked around. He reached for the door then slowly opened it. A part of him wished he wasn't here all alone as he felt terribly nervous.

"Hello. Do you have an appointment?" he asked.

"Y- Yes... Hong Hyeongil..." he stammered as he read off the business card.

The receptionist typed away on the keyboard then asked him to confirm details that were in the system. Chris confirmed it all before being asked to take a seat. He gently patted his thighs in anticipation. He turned to his phone for comfort, hoping some funny memes would ease his uneasiness.

"There you are." a voice said.

Chris looked up and saw Dongheon take a seat beside him. He didn't expect him to come. Sure, he had briefly mentioned it, but he didn't seem interested.

"You came... Why...?" asked Chris slightly worried.

"Thought you might want a companion to chat with while you wait." Dongheon said with a smile.

Chris couldn't help but feel touched by the action. It felt like not too long ago they couldn't stand each other. All they really needed was to just talk and come to an understanding. Dongheon patted his head then peeled at his screen.

"Looking at memes? Oh! I know a few good ones." said Dongheon as he took out his phone.

He leaned closer and showed him the album of memes he had. Chris chuckled at a few before hearing his name called. He looked at Dongheon who gave him a nod.

"You'll be waiting, right?" asked Chris quietly.

"Definitely. And with food too." Dongheon said with a wink.

소디악

"Remember, you're free to call or email me if there's anything you want to get off your chest." she said with a smile.

"Yes, of course..." replied Chris as he held his bag close.

"Like I said, we don't have to get serious right away. I want you to be comfortable first, so just let me know when you're ready, okay?" she asked softly.

He nodded then said goodbye before leaving the room. He slung his bag over his shoulders then poked his head into the waiting area. Dongheon wasn't there. He headed over to the entrance and decided to wait outside of it. He continued to wait, but he never showed.

Chris quietly exited the building and debated whether or not to call him. It wasn't like Dongheon promised. Even still, it hurt. Maybe he was stuck somewhere? He decided to call and see what was up. No answer. So he went home.

소디악

Minchan quietly watched as Chris passed by the living room in low spirits. Was it not what he expected?

"Chris, come here." said Minchan, hoping he was willing to talk.

Chris wordlessly sat beside Minchan. It was like he was viewing Chris's other self from months ago.

"Did everything go alright with the therapist...? I wish I could've gone with you, but I had to teach..." said Minchan sadly.

"Heon came... then left..." Chris whispered. "And never came back."

"Did you call or text?" asked Minchan.

He nodded. He was really looking forward to the food Dongheon was supposed to bring him. Now he was stuck eating leftovers.