Sincerity

Chris woke up and found himself being held in someone's arms. He looked up then froze. It was Dongheon. A whirlwind of emotions brewed inside of him and he wasn't sure how to feel. How did he even end up with him? His body shook and soon the whirlwind of emotions calmed down and left him feeling warm and fuzzy.

Dongheon nestled his face into his hair then let out a small moan. Chris had forgotten his previous feeling of apprehension and started to explore Dongheon's body with his fingers. Contrary to how it looked, his chest was pretty firm. Dongheon softly groaned then pulled away from him. Chris quietly stared as Dongheon started to open his eyes. He quickly turned around in hopes he would deem him asleep.

"You up...?" Dongheon asked sleepily while sharing his body. "What did I expect... you were up at ungodly hours. You owe me for this, especially bathing with you."

Dongheon slipped out of bed then yawned as he made his way to his closet. Chris covered his cheek as it burned bright. Dongheon had seen him naked. He made up his mind to press him for answers to how he ended up here. He sat up just as Dongheon walked out. He hopped out of bed and followed after him. Chris poked his head into the bathroom then headed inside.

"Dongheon..." he called out.

"Oh, when did you wake up...?" asked Dongheon in confusion.

"I demand answers. How did I get here?" asked Chris straightforwardly.

"You were sleepwalking out in the streets at like 3am. You didn't have keys so I brought you back here. You were dirty, especially your feet, so I had no choice but to get you cleaned up and in fresh clothes. Guess the shirt's a bit big, huh?" said Dongheon before going back to brushing his teeth. "You should get one of your friends to take you to the doctor."

Chris remained silent. Did he really sleep walk? Dongheon didn't have anything to gain from lying. Minchan was probably already worrying like crazy over his disappearance.

"Could you go with me?" Chris asked.

Dongheon started coughing as some water had gone down his windpipe. He looked at Chris who looked at him innocently.

"Chris, our agreement. We don't interact unless absolutely necessary. You have three others at your disposal, why me? It doesn't even have to be Min, there's San and Jeong." countered Dongheon after getting the water out.

"I guess..." said Chris with a slight pout.

He didn't know why he asked. Dongheon was a terrible person. How could he forget that? Chris turned on his heel and headed back to the room.

소디악

Chris yawned as he made his way to work. He walked in through the doors and quietly greeted everyone. They all looked at him as if he grew ten heads. Every time he looked at someone, they simply turned away. Was there something on his face? Was his hair a mess? He hurried to the restroom but saw nothing wrong.

"Are you... a bipolar person...?" a coworker asked before being shoved to the side by San.

"I'll handle things. Get lost." San said then turned his attention to Chris who's started to walk away. "What happened to you, Chris? Min called me in a frenzy."

Chris didn't say anything and kept moving. He planned to tell Minchan in person before anyone else.

"I'm here if you want to talk." San shouted.

소디악

He served tables before quietly leaving towards the kitchen to fetch other orders. Everyone was genuinely concerned about Chris at this point. The staff created a plan without notifying San or Chris. They soon put their plan into motion. Chris came back from the kitchen and immediately had his tray taken while someone else led him to the backroom because the manager needed to speak with him.

Chris quietly waited then heard the door open. San had come in as well.

"Manager wants to see you too?" San asked.

"Apparently." replied Chris before keeping an eye out for the manager.

After a while if waitinf, Chris started to have doubts. San then realized what was going on.

"So, where did you go last night?" San asked.

"Park." lied Chris.

"And you came from that park to work?" San pressed.

Chris nodded. He knew what San was getting at, but he couldn't say anything until he told Minchan first. His mind wandered back to when he woke up to arms holding him tightly to Dongheon's firm chest. If anything, he wouldn't mind waking up like that once in awhile. That is, as long it wasn't his destiny.

"What's got you all smiley?" asked San.

He didn't realize he was until San pointed it out. He quickly searched his mind for an answer.

"I was thinking of a joke." he said nervously.

"Oh? Which joke?" San asked.

"You know... knock knock jokes." he replied.

San nodded then sighed.

"We should probably head back before we're accidentally labeled slackers." said San as he left his spot. Chris followed behind then stopped when San did. "Whenever you're ready to talk, I'm here."

Chris nodded then headed in the opposite direction. San sighed as he wanted Chris to rely on him more. He wanted to be more than just a coworker and a friend.

소디악

Chris stood outside the gates of the school as he waited for Minchan. He looked behind him and saw Minchan exiting the building.

"Where the hell did you go? Do you know how hard I panicked when I didn't see you in bed? Not to mention you didn't bring your phone!" Minchan fussed.

Chris sighed then told him what Dongheon had told him. Minchan looked at him with worry.

"We need to get you to a doctor... maybe a therapist too. God, ever since that correction you've been loopy. I knew we shouldn't have done it." said Minchan in a huff.

"I think... what you're all seeing is my real personality..." Chris muttered.

"Real personality...? You don't mean..." said Minchan slowly.

Chris handed him his phone as he had found a old video of himself somewhere on someone's Facebook page. Minchan watched and it definitely was Chris, but it was the Chris of now.

"So you're perfectly normal...?" Minchan asked.

Chris nodded. He had done some digging before coming over to the school. He had believed he long had forgotten his parents and their names, but he remembered them clearly now. That was another sign in his mind that something was amiss. After searching through their social media, he came across a video a person had taken of him. That was the nail in the coffin.

"I wanted you to know first since you've taken care of me for years. This is me, this flamboyant, happy, easy going guy." Chris said before sighing. "And it's much clearer now why I don't want Dongheon around. So, I'd really appreciate it if you and Jeongin don't plot to force us together."

Minchan stopped walking as it was all a lot to take in. Chris noticed this and helped him walk then sit at the bus stop.

"Do you really not him in your life...?" Minchan asked curiously.

"Even if I did, he wouldn't." replied Chris.

"Right..." mumbled Minchan.

He looked at Chris who looked out at the street. There had to be a way to convince the both of them to give each other a chance.