Budding

"You what!?" Jeongin said loudly, gaining the attention of others around them.

Dongheon got him to settle down before continuing.

"It was mutual. He didn't want to be with me and you already know I don't want to either. So, now that we know, we just simply have to avoid each other, which means if you plan on bringing me along, forget it." said Dongheon as he ate his lunch.

"But... is it really that bad? Knowing someone was already hand picked for you? I know there are others like you out there, but I doubt you'll find anyone in your lifetime." said Jeongin sadly. "Why don't you both try it out first?"

Dongheon shook his head. He wasn't trying anything. His destiny was male for fucks sake. He wasn't into guys. He wasn't. Chris's shy smile crossed his mind and soon his heart flipped. He wiped the image away and concluded his heart was just being weird. That's all it was.

"So, did you ask Minchan yet?" Dongheon pressed, directing the conversation away from himself.

"No. I don't know how. I'm starting to think he just sees this as two best bros having fun together." said Jeongin while hiding his face. Dongheon could see his shoulders shaking. "This is my reality. Stuck with a straight guy as my destiny. Maybe I should be like you..."

"Jeong... Don't say that. We both know how much you wanted to be in a relationship with your destiny." Dongheon said.

"I don't want to get hurt anymore. It's going nowhere. I'm going to find someone who wants me like I want them." he said then took out his phone.

Dongheon watched then gasped as Jeongin had blocked Minchan's number. He was serious. Jeongin wiped his eyes as he put his phone away.

"He can't hurt me anymore." said Jeongin triumphantly. "He doesn't know where we live nor the school we attend."

"Really? You never told him?" Dongheon asked in surprise.

"Never got around to it. It worked in my favor, so I don't regret it." Jeongin said then continued to eat his lunch.

Dongheon could clearly see he was still upset, but he didn't know what he could do to make him feel better. He was willing to try bringing him to his favorite places, but what if he made memories there with Minchan? An idea then popped into his mind.

"I'm taking you out for dinner. You can't refuse." said Dongheon.

"Fine. It better be good or else you won't be able to have biological kids." Jeongin threatened then smiled happily.

That was the Jeongin he knew.

소디악

Dongheon checked his phone and saw Minchan had texted him once again. Jeongin was in class, so it wasn't like he could tell him. Though, he probably wouldn't care. He couldn't stand being quiet, so he decided to text him back.

 He couldn't stand being quiet, so he decided to text him back