Tris, part one.

"Beatriz Thomas of Ridgeway Travel Agency, how may I help you?"

Tris is now twenty-three years old, the best travel agent Ridgeway has ever gotten. People would say that she was calm, easy to talk to, and bubblier than the rest of the people that she works with. Nobody would complain that Tris was being a lousy agent, because she always did her job right, and would do everything on time. At the same time, Tris loves what she does, and she's proud of herself that she's actually making good money.

She now lives in Orlando, Florida in an apartment unit. Although it didn't seem like much, it gets better. Her unit was the biggest one in the whole building, and all of the expenses for the apartment for at least a few years have been paid off on her own money. She was a successful woman, indeed.

"Babe, it's time to go home," Riley said over the phone. Tris tried her hardest not to smile at that point. "I still have to book two flights to a European tour and an Asian tour," she replied. "And stop calling my agency number!"

Riley laughed lightly. "Okay, fine. Take your time, but I have to tell you, I'm not going to sleep until you're not back," he said. "Whatever you say, big guy," she said. "I love you," Riley said. Tris bit her lip and chuckled. "I love you, too," she replied before hanging up.

She finished at eleven, and she gave herself a self-five (a/n: HIMYM HEYOOOO) before shutting off the computer and smiling at herself, proud that she had done something great again that night. "Barney, I'm going home," she called out to her boss. The tall, blond-haired man was standing by the door of his own office with his man-purse slung on his shoulder. "It's about time," he huffed playfully. "What do you mean?" she asked as they walked down the hallway to the elevator. "I was only waiting for you to finish since you're the only one left on our floor," he said, pressing the 'down' button, immediately gaining a response. They walked in the elevator, talking about all sorts of clients they get. Barney earned a few laughs from Tris and vice versa until they got to the building's basement.

They bade each other goodbye before Tris turned to her car, a secondhand Chevrolet Impala. She started the engine, turned on the radio and drove off. The familiar sound of 5 Seconds of Summer's EPs filled the air as she took half an hour long drive back home. By the time Unpredictable ended, she had already reached the parking at her apartment.

"Tris, baby? Is that you?" a sleepy Riley greeted when she kicked off her shoes at the carpet. She dropped her purse on the foot of the sofa and climed on top of him. Kissing him, she said, "Yep, it's me." Riley's eyes widened as a reaction to the unexpected kiss. The two moved their lips in sync until their shirts were off. "Let's take this upstairs," he whispered. Tris let out a giggle as he lifted her off her feet to take her to the medium-sized balcony just for the couple's bed and nightstand.

A few articles of clothing off and frustrated grunts later, the two of them flopped back onto the bed and sighed. "So, uh, we come back on tour..."

"In a month. I know," she said. Riley turned to his side. "Hey, it's been five years, baby. I thought by now you'd be used to it," he said, caressing her cheek. "I know, but I still miss you like I always do," she said, turning to pull herself into Riley's arms. "I'll be home in no time. I promise," he said. "Where'd you say you were touring again?" she asked.

"All around New York, then some places California and Mexico," he said. Then he cupped Tris's face with his free hand. "And yes, ma'am, I'll stay away from the side hoes." They both burst into giggles when he brought back the term for the usual wannabe-groupie they coined when they were about eighteen.

A MONTH LATER

"Alright, your tickets for Brazil and Venezuela have been booked along with your seven day tour for each country. Thanks for calling Ridgeway. We hope you continue calling us for the best seven day tours around the countries of your choice!"

It's been two weeks without Riley around, and of course, the never-ending cycle of him trying to fight off a lot of side hoes, late night Starbucks-over-Skype dates and possibly a few arguments here and there has started yet again. She received her paycheck when she left the office a bit earlier than usual.

"Live tonight on Channel Two News, band of brothers Before You Exit sells out a two-day concert in New York City, and are about to perform here tonight!"

The smiling faces of Riley and his brothers, Connor and Toby appeared on the television in the employees' lounge later that evening as Tris was winding down and drinking her coffee. "Also live tonight and about to perform after Before You Exit tonight, Crown The Empire's Benn Suede and--" (a/n: benn i still love u tho xoxox)

The name needed not to be mentioned. It was enough to make her cringe. Poor Benn, she thought. You must really be in love to be with her for five years when everybody thought you'd only last a month.

"I figured you were here," Barney said. "Yep, gotta tune in before I go," said Tris. "You mean, before you exit the building?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. Tris held up a hand and laughed lightly. "Not tonight, Barney, not tonight," she replied.

Minutes later, Toby, Connor, Riley, Ryan (their new bassist) and Thomas appeared, performing a cover of an old One Direction song called Steal My Girl. "They're still really good," Barney commented. "They're living the time of their lives," Tris said. Each were asked how they were doing after the performance, and almost all of them were back doing normal things.

It was Riley's turn, and he pretty much said it all.

"Well, my girlfriend and I have been together for five years. I don't know how she puts up with me, but I'm glad she does. Right now she's probably at work, you know? Booking flights, talking to tour guides, possibly getting all sassy when some coworker of hers hits on her, but whatever, I just want to let her know this. And you guys, whoever else is watching, you should know this, too! Tris, if you're watching, pretend we're in your apartment, on the coffee table--wait, no, I mean...having coffee on the coffee table, yep. That's what I meant--anyway, Tris, I just want to let you and the whole world know how much I love you. Okay?"

"And I'm secretly hoping that she says 'Okay,' back," Toby joked.

With a press of a button, Riley's phone rang.

"It's her!" a giddy Riley said.

"What are you doing?" Barney asked. Tris shushed him as Riley answered. "Put her on speaker!" said Connor. It was funny, because she could actually hear Connor as he said that.

As soon as she was on speaker, she said, "Okay."

-------

a/n:

GUESS WHOS BACK

BACK AGAIN

okay im sorry for being a complete asshole because i discontinued my riley fic :( but i hope these will keep you interested, idk yghjfsjc

this is a really shitty chapter but then i was the one who got an idea like, "HEY WHY DONT I JUST MAKE EPILOGUES FOR EACH CHARACTER" lmao so i hope you enjoy it

and yes the ever famous kate is also behind this sudden enthusiasm over this new-ish book.

stay tuned!