Disrupting fate

Damien confronted his father, but just by looking in his eyes he knew that his wolf had taken over.  Norbians wolf was stronger than his human side and had already pushed him to the back or so it seamed. Damien attempted to calm him self and speak in a soft non confrontational voice in order to not provoke his father.

Damien: Dad look at me you need to regain control of your wolf. Dad please.

Norbian looked at Damien the glow of his wolf still evident in his eyes. Damien bowed his head in show of respect and not wanting to challenge his father.

Norbian: You daré speak to us pup! You that stand in the way of what we need.
Damien: Father please I don't know what you mean or what you think I'm stopping you from I have no clue. Your mate is hurt by your hand's ....  you hurt mom your Luna.
Norbian: What ?  Silvia. 

Norbian shook his head to clear his mind from the mental fog he was in the words his son was saying where not registering. Silvia laid on his broken love seat crying holding her face. Hurt. But who? Not him he would never he cared for her he masked him self so well. No one knew his dark side but now he's exposed him self they've seen a part of him he's never shown. True to his nature he began to put up a show. Blaming everything on his sons choice for a mate. Norbian dropped to his knees placing his hands over his face and began to sob uncontrollably. True to form Silvia ran to his side taking his hands in hers kissing his tears.

Norbian: Silvia... I didn't. I just ... I don't understand what happened I...I ... I'm so sorry.
When I seen our son one moment I was really proud I could see the future of our pack under his rule. But then he walked over to that mute girl ....
Damien: She's not mute!

Norbian was quick on his feet staring down his son.

Norbian: No one has heard her speak . She is a minor with no wolf and no voice!
Silvia: Norbian she speaks I heard her, and she's Mateo's and Jewel's daughter.
Norbian: She is weak..... what kind of off spring would come out of it .... You being an omega we got lucky because I came from strong wolves a long line of Alpha ancestors. I am not saying this to hurt you Silvia but look at the facts our son is strong because of me he needs a strong female to complete him. This girl is weak and traumatized. Plus Jewel her mother was a mute with no wolf!
Damien: I don't care what she is she's mine my chosen and I except her in any way and form.
Silvia: Please just wait son .... Norbian Jewels was human of course she did not have a wolf.
Norbian: No. She wasn't. ( he used a defeated voice to add emphasis to what he was saying ) she was not a human she had a wolf once but was injured when she tried to leave the rogues she ran with I was sworn to secrecy she was a rogue with a harsh past and their were rogues after her for leaving ,I in-deliberately put our pack in danger. Mateo begged she was his mate. Silvia I was a strong believer in mates but now I'm not to sure we can't risk the pack.
Son listen one day you will be a great leader but you must reject Ixi the rogues will keep coming because of Jewels past.
Damien: What are you saying? I won't reject her she's mine!
Silvia: Son please listen Norbian your reasoning is understandable I know you think you are keeping our son safe but Ixi has been a part of this pack from the day she was born and is loved by this pack. Even if Jewel was a rogue before coming here you solved that the day you killed all those rogues.
Norbian: NO! (He took deep breaths in order to regain composure) their not all dead I managed to contain the situation but they are not gone there is a leader out there and he was obsessed with Jewel and now wants Ixi for himself.

A loud growl erupted from Damien's chest as he began to shake. Norbian was getting the response he wanted they believed his lies.

Damien: Mine! I will not reject her we are strong we will protect her from all harm.

Norbian growled in response of course it was interpreted as favorable to his sons cause.

Norbian: I'm not saying you can not protect her. Son in order to protect her you have to start your training right away. We yet to discover if and when she will get her wolf, and the identity of the rogue who wants to take her.
I think it's best you leave right away.
Damien: Fine I will have to tell her we are mates and take her with me.
Norbian: No. She is safer here with us a pack to protect her. No one must know she is your mate.
Damien: Joe and mom know. I think I made it obvious with my wolfs behavior at my celebration possibly others in the pack figured it out.
Norbian: We will play it off as you Two growing up together that your wolf wanted to greet his lil friend like a sister almost.
Damien: I am not comfortable with that.
Norbian: It's not about your comfort it's about the safety of this pack and of Ixi my best friends only daughter I too am responsible for her safety let's not forget Mateo was like a brother to me.
Silvia: Son your father is right you don't have the proper training yet to protect her, she's safer here with a whole pack to protect her. Son you may not agree with us but you know your dad is right train hard be her mate her protector so you may always keep her safe.
Damien: Mom I don't know if I can..... just leave without telling her.
Norbian: ( using his Alpha voice) You can and you will. I will set everything thing up you leave Monday first thing. (Finally in a softer tone) Its for your own good son if you love her you will do as you must. In tow I will run less of a risk at losing my one and only son to a pack of ruthless rouges.

     Norbian let a tear drop fall for effect. Silvia was quick to believe her mate throwing her arms around him crying that he need not to worry their pup would be safe. All in while he had her believe that his behavior was due to his fear of losing his son forgetting that moments ago he had struck her for the first time ever. Damien watched the seen before him but some how he did not quite believe his own father and decided to walk away.
   Damien walked outside unbeknown to everyone of the events that transpired inside he walked through the crowd smiling at all that looked his way as to not show the turmoil that raged inside. He saw Joe and Ixi standing alone in a far corner and turned away avoiding them going into the forest to find solitude so he could think of the choices made for him and his future. Damien found a rock to sit on when moments later he heard the crack of a twig that ment the approach of another. Damien did not need to look up to recognize the scent of the wolf that now stood in front  of him. A gentle voice just above a whisper began to fill his heart with the joy he felt every time she was near or heard her voice.

Ixi: Damien... are you all right. There's a great party you know ? They are all hear to celebrate you.

Quiet was the only response she got besides his shallow breathing. Ixi felt brave when ever he was near. She approached him slowly bending to his level as she touched his chin to lift his face to hers. With a sudden quick movement he took her hand in his and pressed it to his cheek. Slowly lifting up his face to look into her beautiful blue eyes. Ixi stood still but shock reflected her features when she saw tears in Damien's eyes. Damien stood taking Ixi up with him. In a warm embrace he held her to him taking in her sent knowing he could never give her up or let any harm come to her. Pulling slightly away from her he let his lips crash onto hers with such force and promise. Damien pulled away leaving Ixi in a daze as he turned and walked away.