Pain

Joe took his grand daughter to her room as she cried. How could Damien reject her how could he. Joe tried comforting Ixi but did not know how he had never dealt with anything like this before he had never in his life seen a wolf reject his mate. Joe sat in silence not leaving her side rubbing her arms at times or moving her hair out of her face. Joe remained silent as she cried and let it all out. Joe made up his mind he would call his deceased wife's old pack and ask to join he would take Ixi away from all of this, not subject her to stares or the humiliation of a rejection. Joe thought helplessly how he had tried so hard to protect from harm but how do you protect her from a broken heart. Nights went by and Ixi stayed in the same place only eating when Joe begged her to eat the only time she left her sanctuary was to go to the restroom to relieve her self or bathe. It was heart wrenching to watch his grand daughter consumed with pain. On the fifth day Joe made the call to his wife's former pack the Alpha was the Nephew of his departed wife and was willing to take them into their pack. That evening as he cooked supper Ixi came down stairs and sat quietly at the counter, Joe felt her presence and smiled to him self knowing she had took a step to recovery by coming out of her room in it self.
Joe: Hey stranger. Listen I spoke to your cousin Alpha Henry from your granny's side he's in dark night pack I requested for us to join their pack.
Ixi: Leave here?
Joe: Yeah kiddo. I think it's been you and me for way to long. I think we need family.
Ixi: But this is our family or pack.
Joe: I know hunny, it's all I've known but it will be easier on you if we leave before Damien returns.

Ixi: Oh. I never thought of that. I think I would die if he came back only to reject me again. ( a lone tear rolled down her cheek)
Joe: Enough of that pup we leave as soon as your up for it.
Ixi: I'll start packing.
Joe: Now wait a minute let's eat first. We va will  leave all this behind we take only our pictures and clothes anything that means anything to us only. I think we will start new buy new more hip modern furnishings what do you think.
Ixi: I like our old things, but ok.
Joe: It's us together that make a home not the stuff we have. Plus it's time we start over there are to many memories all over this place. Don't you think.
Ixi: Yeah. Pop I think your right.

  That evening they packed only a few things packed it in to their black SUB locked up their home, and drove into the night without looking back. Ixi fell asleep once they got to the highway. Joe did not bother to inform Alpha Norbian of his decision to leave the pack, he figured he had given this pack his loyalty for much to long to see the Alphas but son destroy the only thing left of his heart his grand daughter and he refused to watch her suffer at the hands of this pack. Joe finally opted for leaving them a letter attached to his door if someone came knocking they would see it and give it to the existing Alpa. In Joes eyes he had already lost so much he was not willing to lose another loved one or thing to this pack that only brought pain to his loyalty and service. He felt not only Damien had let him down but the Alpha as well as not forcing his son to accept his responsibilities as future Alpha and mate.

The night was long but the drive was peaceful. Ixi slept and Joe was more than relieved to put distance between Ixi and his old pack. It would a fresh start hopefully one of no pain.

Morning came to fast for Norbian he was starting to think that finally he would have everything he ever wanted. Norbian had to figure out how to deal with his present Luna. Maybe a sudden rouge attack could come in handy. It would let the pack know that only their Alpha could protect them no young Alpha could overcome suddenly losing their mate and his only son it would show how strong his wolf is. They would not question him taking a second mate it would be expected of him so that the pack could live on. Alphas need to take a new Luna so they may have offspring to take over the pack at some point. Yes he was older but he never felt stronger. Luckily no one knows that Ixi is Damiens mate and those that know will be dead getting rid of Joe is a must. Ixi would feel that she has no one but him he would be her protector eventually her lover then mate. He had to see her, but was it to soon to go over or to conspicuous... Joe already looked at him with suspicion the old wolf was wise, he would have to send another wolf to check on them. Norbian sent an omega she wolf by the name of Katlyn to Joes house with the excuse of concern for Ixi to check up on her yet giving them space as any proper Alpha would do after all it was his son that rejected Ixi. Katlyn came to an empty home with nothing but a note plastered to the door addressed to the Alpha of the Moon light Pack.  Kaitlyn arrived at the pack house and reported her findings straight away to Alpha Norbian handing him the letter and notifying him that no one was home.
  Norbian stared at the letter dismissing the omega in order to have privacy to read the letter he now held in his hands addressed simply to Norbian not even using his title as Alpha.
Letter:
        Norbian
      My time in Moonlight Pack has been one of many blessings as well as so much loss. As a retired warrior I should of left many moons ago but stayed on for my son. As the soul guardian of my one and only granddaughter I feel it is best I move on in order to keep her safe and the pack. There has been to much blood shed of my decedents, that I will not sacrifice what is left of it.  I feel it is best to put distance between Ixi and that son of yours. As a retired warrior I have given my all to this pack and sacrificed all so it is my right ordained and approved by the laws of the Lycanthropy Council to leave with my granddaughter as her legal guardian we renounce Moonlight Pack. Thank you for the time spent there but for us and our healing and my Ixis heart we seek distance at the moment.
Joe.

Norbian stood frozen in his place as he started shacking like a volcano about to erupt, with his wolf at edge he made his way out the pack house rushing to Joes place. Upon arrival Norbian did not bother to knock tearing the door from its hinges and letting him self in noticing that only the furniture remained all pictured and memories gone with exception of a portrait of Mateo with a smile on his face as he held Jewel and a newborn Ixi in her arms and Joe at her other side. Norbian felt that picture was left there to mock him and rub it in that in what he could not have. But boy are they mistaken he thought they do not know what he is capable of doing in order to make Ixi his.

Later in the evening of the next day Joe made his way into Dark Night territory. Dark Night pack was located across from his original pack they where only separated by the Mystic woods the dreaded forbidden forest. The Mystic woods were so big that three packs surrounded it. Henry the Alpha was there to greet Joe and Ixi at the entrance of the territory's boarder with some of his warriors, in their wolf form. Joe found that strange but not  an uncommon in receiving family members to an Alpha.

————————————-Hi———————————
The plot thickens ok hope to write soon please vote share and any opinions please feel free to let me know what you think.