chapter three !

*smut warning*

~

"Bright and early, princess, wake up." Jimmy pushes Mary's shoulders softly, but rigorous enough to awaken her.

"What time is it?" Mary groaned, rubbing her closed eyelids.

"Close to eight. We have to get ready and get to the bus by nine. Get stretching, I'll be showering." Jimmy smiled, caressing her forehead with a thumb.

"Oh all right." Mary rolled her eyes and threw the duvet off of her nearing naked body. Warm air hit her skinny frame as she slowly rose from her lying position and sat with her wrists against the soft material of the mattress. Trickling water from Jimmy's shower could be heard from the bed where Mary sat, her mind still unwilling to prepare for the day's events.

Mary reached lazily into her bag and retrieved a brush, running it slowly and gently through her dark brown hair, taking her time to rid her hair of any tangles or knots it might come in contact with. When the running water of Jimmy's shower became quiet until eventually the water stopped, Mary sighed as she knew she'd have to go next. Early mornings were never her thing, really, and she dreaded anything that had to be done before 11 AM.

"You can go in now," Jimmy said as he walked out of the steamy bathroom, a pure white towel wrapped neatly around his thin waist, hot droplets of water dripping down his abdomen. "Don't be long, we've got to be in the bus by-"

"By nine, I know. I won't take forever." Mary finished his sentence, a hand on her hip with a towel folded in its crease. Quickly, she followed Jimmy's words and turned the shower handles, barely lukewarm water spraying out onto the tile floor. "Damn it, Jimmy," she mumbled under her breath after realizing that he'd used most of the hot water, leaving her with an even more unpleasant shower.

Mary finished her shower within ten minutes, to her own surprise. She'd managed to get done everything she needed to get done before 8:30, and Jimmy was quite pleased with her coming together.

"Pittsburgh tonight, are you looking forward to it?" Jimmy asked, rubbing his hands against his pants.

"Oh, of course! I've never been outside of New York before, this is so exciting. And thank you again for bringing me."

"Don't worry about it. We should be going now, are you ready?"

"Ready when you are," Mary agreed, reaching for Jimmy's empty hand and holding it tight in her own.

"Let's get cracking then."

~

Mary's legs felt numb after the near mile walk from the hotel to the tour bus (They could've taken a cab, but Jimmy wanted to walk instead of the treacherous wait.) The skunky smell hit Mary like a freight train as the door swung open, a smell that Jimmy had just become immune to.

"Finally early, Jim?" Robert asked, a bottle of Jack Daniels under his grasp and a cigarette between his lips.

"Yeah, surprise, surprise." Jimmy responded sarcastically, taking Mary with him to sit where they sat just a day earlier, across from Robert. Jimmy extended a hand, motioning for the bottle of liquor. "Hand me that, yeah?"

Robert gave Jimmy the bottle of amber colored alcohol, and Jimmy tilted it upside down, nearly emptying it in one go. Robert cheered him on as if it were Jimmy's biggest life accomplishment, but Mary stared in awe.

"What?" Jimmy asked after seeing Mary's reaction, as if the long drink he just took was nothing.

"How did you just do that?" Mary marveled, her jaw stuck in a dropped position.