chapter ten !

White afternoon sunlight bled through Jimmy's long drapes, and the perfect amount for exploring without the aid of lamps or candles. Jimmy slept into the late afternoon, and Mary wouldn't dare ruin the pureness of his slumber. She tiptoed out of the bed, her feet eagerly touching the warm carpet.

Exploring alone was more personal than being shown around by Page himself, and no better time than while he slept. To take his home at a slower glance, soak it all in, feel the passion built up in the walls. Mary paced the hallways cautiously and agonizingly slow. Her fingers grazed the beige walls, stopping and staring every few seconds at each picture and painting. Roses appeared often in paintings, along with dewy mountains and lakes with pure white swans. She stopped and smiled at a picture of Jimmy with a young girl. His smile shined bright in the photograph, the young girl by his side. Mary looked down at her pregnant belly, two days overdue now, and patted it. At least Jimmy is good with children.

Any normal person walking into the rockstar's home would think he was full of himself with the amount of photos he had of he and the band hanging on the wall. Mary admired it and closed her eyes, taking her back to the night she first met him; grinning up at the stage, watching Jimmy play with a sexual aura captivating the whole room. Mm, the sweet screeching sound of his guitar.

Mary continued on down the hall, entering into a new room. Guitars filled the perimeter of the room, each in its own slot. Several golden records lined the wall with golden plaques below it to match, the band name engraved into each of the shiny plaques.

"I see you've found the music room?" Jimmy's low morning voice croaked.

Mary turned, startled. "Yeah, I was just looking around. I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind. I've got a wide selection. At least twenty. Thirty, possibly."

"How do you even have time to play all of those?"

"A lot of the time, I don't. I try to play whenever I can, but when I'm home I prefer to stray away from the musical world. It's a cleansing time when I'm away from it all." Jimmy stated. "How long've you been up for?"

"I don't know, not too long."

"How are you feeling so far?" Jimmy asked, gesturing to her belly.

"She's a kicker, won't stop. She's definitely coming today." Mary couldn't help but let a smile take over her lips. "She's just as restless as I am over this."

"Let me know if something happens, okay? Right away."

"I will, Jimmy."

"Good. Now come here." Jimmy extended his arms for a hug. He already smelled of cigarettes, even after having woken up minutes ago. An addict never slacks.

Mary loved the scent by now, despite its bitter aroma. It was Jimmy, and she loved everything having to do with Jimmy.

"Princess." Jimmy moaned, pulling himself away from Mary.

"Yeah?"

"Let me show you something." He grabbed her hand and led her out of the room. Down the hallway they went and into a room adjacent to the one they shared. "Ready?"

"Yes."

Jimmy turned the handle of the door and opened it wide. A pink room. Light pink, almost-white-pink, dark pink, all of the pinks you could imagine. The room was a sweet smell, a new smell. Not a cigarette smell, nor an alcohol smell, a fresh smell. A tan crib was the only discolored thing in the room; but nonetheless decorated with pink blankets. Mary walked in first and covered her mouth in astonishment. How did Jimmy do that? She looked back at Jimmy, leaning against a darker pink wall with his arms folded over his chest. "So?"