chapter nine !

*CW: slight mention of drug usage, which may be triggering for some people and mild smut*

The day following the last show was a wretched time; frantic packing, plane rides, and heavy drinking. Quite enjoyable to Mary, except for the drinking part, as she could not participate. Her desire to drink along with the guys was perhaps stronger than her sexual hunger, what with the arrival of her baby and moving to a completely new country, leaving everything she knew in the dust. Her only numbing comfort now was Jimmy. And he was far too deep in a haze of hallucinations to pay much attention at all.

Mary sat impatiently on her own, especially during the chaotic, party-ridden plane rides, and during that time she sorted through Jimmy's endless collection of books. Her eager eyes watched as the words danced across the yellow pages, smelling of sweet age. Her eyes would only depart from the literature when she heard Jimmy's voice drawing nearer, hoping that he had had enough of his party and was willing to pay attention to her.

Jimmy crawled into the small bed next to her and wrapped his limp, sleepy arm around her protruding belly. One more sleep, Mary thought, until home.

~

"This is it?" Mary swallowed as Jimmy drove the car up a grassy hill, marked with tire tracks. Atop the hill was a small home, stone decorating the outside. From afar, she compared the house/hill duo to an ice cream sundae; sweet and simple, yet extravagant with a cherry on top.

"Home sweet home, princess. So it is." Jimmy took his hand off her warm thigh and wrapped his long fingers around the steering wheel. He parked his expensive car conveniently close to the cottage-style home.

"Such a gentleman, thank you," Mary said politely as Jimmy opened her door for her. He only smirked at her comment, leading her to the house as if she were a fragile artifact. And to him, she was.

As Jimmy swung the door open, a gust of manly smell hit her in the face. Her eyes were immediately drawn to the even larger gathering of books on shelves in the front room, surprisingly small to her disbelief. She walked swiftly to it, fingers sweeping across the spines and reading the titles carefully. "You enjoy books?"

Mary stopped her shuffling and met eyes with Jimmy. "Of course. It's all I've been doing all tour long."

"Oh, great. I've got quite the library for you to check through. Only if you want." He winked.

She smiled and nodded. "I'd love to."

"I'll show you around the rest of the house, yeah?"

Mary grabbed Jimmy's hand, allowing him to take her around his marvelously small living quarters. Her eyes rested upon paintings adorning his hallway, simple and flowery. They dragged on and finally met with the door at the end of it. "And this, this is our room." Jimmy prefaced with a smirk as his wrist twisted the knob, sunlight pouring in from the window onto the couple, creating tall dark shadows behind them.

She gazed at the perfect mixture of light and dark in the room, black bedsheets and a grand window with white drapes. A golden headboard was fitting for the room, she thought, as the blinding sun shone off of it like a bright highlight of a glittering ring. A standard wooden acoustic guitar was set beside the bed, just like it had on the tour bus. That part made Mary feel at home.

"What do you think?" Jimmy asked.

"It's gorgeous." Mary slipped her hand out of Jimmy's and looked around, her fingers touching the duvet and sitting on the edge of the bed. Her eyes were unsure where to look next; at Jimmy? at the tempting case of books? or outside the impeccably clear window to catch a breathtaking glimpse of the staggered mountainous view?

A bush of roses grew just outside the room. Deep shades of both crimson and fuchsia formed a colorful mess like one she saw in a painting on Jimmy's wall. "So you like the roses, princess?"

Mary nodded without taking her eyes off them. She reached her hand out to touch one, before remembering she was being kept inside the house and retracting her hand back to her belly.

"They're a torture to keep tame, I'll say." He admitted and sat beside Mary. "Well worth the time and effort, though." The elegance in his voice matched with the perfect innocence of the bright splashes of color called roses.

"Jimmy?"

"Yes?"

"Do you just keep acoustic guitars at your bedside everywhere you sleep?" Mary asked with a grin creeping up on her lips.

"Just about." He laughed. "I mainly do that because inspiration comes in the most random of places, and I get a majority of my inspiration from sitting on this bed and playing."

"Play me something."

"Like what?"

"Anything. Your favorite song to play." Mary requested.

Jimmy brought out his guitar and pulled a pick from the strings, strumming a few chords before jumping into a sweet instrumental. Mary had a smile plastered on her cheeks ten miles wide as Jimmy closed his eyes, feeling the rhythm of the music that he created. She could feel the passion as it radiated off of him in waves, biting her lip ever-so lightly.

He lifted his head and gently opened his eyes, smirking when he saw Mary's teeth biting down on her bottom. Suddenly his playing halted and silence ensued.

"What?" Mary asked.

"Stop looking at me like that."

"Why?"

"I can't concentrate when you're biting your lip. Your eyes pierce and I can feel you looking at me."

"That's my point." She said in a sneaky voice.

"Oh," Jimmy shrugged, "well then. I guess I'll just have to stop you myself."

Mary blushed and glanced at the floor, just as Jimmy slid his guitar under the bed. His soft lips met with hers, his skinny fingers slithering beneath her skirt. She broke from his kiss to speak for just a moment, "Oh darling, let me examine you." Her finger played with a button on his shirt. "I want to see your every crevice and curve."

Jimmy growled in protest, but allowed her to do as she wanted. Disappointment grew over him as he knew this wasn't going to turn into sex if she were to take charge, but still being able to feel her loving touch was quite enough satisfaction for him at the moment. Mary stripped him of his shirt and jeans, throwing them with a whoosh to the polished wooden floor. She left him with nothing but his boxers on, his skinny white frame contrasting perfectly with the darkness of the bedspread.

He pulled himself to the headboard, exposing himself to the woman with the enticing smile. His dark eyebrows lifted from a furrow into a more relaxed state as Mary's soft fingers lingered barely above his defined collarbone. He trusted her.

"Lean your head back. Relax." Mary said as if she had read Jimmy's mind. She brushed stray strands of Jimmy's chocolate brown hair out of his line of vision and tilted his head back. Once again he closed his eyes and let Mary take over.

Her long nails scratched soothingly along his biceps down to his forearms, down to his palms where she traced circles with the pads of her middle fingers. Jimmy sighed. Mary turned his arms outward facing her, and up his wrist she touched, up to his elbow creases. There she found what she'd been dreading; the heroin scars. She swallowed the bile that painfully formed in her throat and turned his arms back over again. Now what Maureen said had turned out to be true, it was no longer a possibility.

hi everyone, I'm SO so sorry for leaving you for months! I'm sorry this chapter is so short, but I'm really proud of it so please take that as something good. let's hope this posting sparks something good and I can get back onto a regular posting schedule lmao love you, thanks for reading! <3