FOURTY-THREE

USTULATION; MORNING STAR (II)

SEVERAL HOURS AFTER HENRY'S birth, Nico's phone began to ring and he immediately glared at it, as Henry began to cry in his arms. Ava seemed to take pity on him for once, and she reached out tiredly to take Henry from his arms. "Go and answer it. It's probably Alec or Magnus worrying about you." Ava spoke softly as she began to feed Henry with the milk conjured by Lilith.

Nico sighed with a nod, as he shuffled off of the bed, from his spot next to Ava and their son. He smiled gently at the two before walking over to the door, with his phone in his hand. Lilith smiled at him, "I'll keep an eye on them. Don't worry yourself too much."

Nico immediately answered the phone without sparing it a glance. "Hello?"

"You didn't look at the caller ID, did you?" Magnus' soft voice came through his phone's speakers, leaving behind a smile on Nico's lips.

"Why would I do that? It's a game, a sad one but nonetheless a game. I mean, it doesn't really work out sometimes but it doesn't really matter though. Anyway, what did you call for?" Nico ceased his rambling, that unknowingly brought a smile onto the face of the warlock he was speaking to.

"Can't I just call my absent boyfriend without a reason? I mean I have Alec right here, and yet he doesn't know where you are either so please do inform me of that piece of information, dearest." Magnus asked with a sigh.

"Oh, Alec's there. Hello there, pretty boy." Nico averted from what Magnus wanted him to tell him. A blushing Alec responded, "hi Nic."

"Nicholas, would you please answer the question?" Magnus asked, pushing slightly just wanting an answer. Although he didn't mind Nico's flirting that he hadn't heard in awhile.

Nico cringed a little, "well, you see it's complicated and hard to explain. That's the same thing but don't worry about that, there has been a situation that required my immediate attention."

"What is it? Is something wrong, Nico?" Alec interjected, as worry filled him.

"It's nothing that concerns you, don't worry about it." That immediately increased the suspicions of Alec and Magnus, who glanced at one another concerned.

"Nicholas, tell us what it is." Magnus pressed a little further but all he got was a quick apology and was promptly hung up on.

+ + +

MAGNUS WAS NEARLY ALWAYS worried about what Nico was doing but now he wasn't alone in his pit of worry as Alec stood right next to him, holding his hand throughout all of it.