Four

Calliope didn't even have to unlock the door, it swung open with only a light push. She walked like a ghost, her feet hardly making a sound on the polished mahogany flooring of the entrance hall. She found it initially deserted and managed to make it to the foot of the staircase when the front door slammed shut and several people hurried in to see what was happening. 

The whispers were hissing warnings in her ears as she watched the people enter the room. Calliope stood stock still as Bellatrix Lestrange surveyed the banshee before her. The woman's face broke into a wide smile.

"She's here my Lord," said Bellatrix in an excited voice, "the banshee brat has come."

"I knew she would," a high, cold voice said as Voldemort slowly made his way into the room. Calliope clutched her wand a little tighter. "Calliope it is good to see you."

"I wish I could say the same." Calliope's stomach was churning, but she held her nerve and stared Voldemort straight in the eye.

"Delightful," Voldemort's face spread into a thin-lipped smile. "Have you come to join us?"

"I've come because I want my guardian back," Calliope said shortly.

"You are a difficult person to find," said Voldemort, "we had to get a little creative in our methods."

Calliope was growing edgier by the second, she wasn't sure that she would be able to escape Voldemort long enough to get Fred and get out, but she could try, or at least die trying. 

She opened her mouth and screamed. Her aim was not to kill them, although she wouldn't have minded an awful lot if she were to go wrong and kill Voldemort by accident. It took a lot more effort to control her scream enough to kill that it did to neutralise and she didn't have time to waste. Her scream reverberated around the entire house, seeking out its victims and pulling them into unconsciousness.

The whispers spiked in volume and Calliope knew that at least one person had died because of her actions.

Before the sound had fully died Calliope was moving again. She hurried up the stairs and threw open every door that she passed, desperately searching for Fred. He was on the second floor, behind the third door that she checked on that floor. He was stood beside the door with his fingers stuffed in his ears, blocking out Calliope's screams.

Before any words could be exchanged between the two, Calliope grabbed Fred's hand and ran at the large window in his room at full speed. Fred had only a moment to wonder if she had gone mad before they crashed through the glass and began to fall towards the ground. However, the impact that he was expecting never came, as Calliope waved her wand and silently cast a cushioning charm to break their fall.

Hand in hand the two sprinted across the rolling lawns, dodging the spells that were being sent their way by the recovering wizards inside the house.

"Who died?" Fred panted as they ran.

"I'm not sure," said Calliope, "I'll work it out later, but let's focus on getting out of here now."

Calliope couldn't believe how well her plan had worked, there had barely been a hiccup in her initial plan, which had run like clockwork. All they had to do now was get past the protective charms and disapparate and they here home free. Of course, the moment that Calliope began to think this was the moment that Voldemort emerged from the manor and aimed a purple jet of light at the pair.

The spell hit Calliope in the back just as they reached the gates that spelt freedom and she slumped into an unconscious pile on the floor, Fred half dragged, half carried her through the gate, and fumbled for her wand. When he had it in his hand the pair were gone.

First update of 2020. Let's start of the year right- with Callie being a badass!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx