Nineteen

"Nothing?" Bellatrix asked, "hmm, sad. Now I think I'll start with this pretty little face." Bellatrix pressed the tip of her blade into Natalie's cheek, and Calliope felt her friend tense behind her.

"Harry will die," Calliope blurted out, not in control of her own voice as her first reflex was to save her best friend, "Voldemort will kill Harry."

Natalie was trembling, as Bellatrix pressed the blade into her cheek further and moved around so that her nose was almost touching Calliope's.

"What did you say?" Bellatrix whispered.

"Voldemort will kill Harry," Calliope whispered back. 

Bellatrix laughed, she sat back on her heels and laughed. She pulled up her sleeve and pressed a finger to the dark mark on her arm.

"Bellatrix I told you not to call me unless you had answers," Voldemort appeared with a crack behind Bellatrix.

"I have them my lord and I didn't even have to use the guardian," Bellatrix said gleefully. "The banshee cracked the minute her pretty little friend was involved."

"Well Banshee, what is in store for Harry Potter and myself?" Voldemort asked.

Bellatrix pressed the dagger into Natalie's cheek, causing the girl to whimper. Calliope hated that sound. She hated to hear her best friend in pain, knowing that she could stop it.

"You will kill Harry Potter," Calliope's voice wavered only slightly. 

Voldemort's snake lips spread into the closest thing to a smile that he was capable of. Calliope hated that expression, and she hated that the Death Eaters now knew how easy it was to get her to tell them anything. They had George and they had Natalie. They could use them to find out almost anything from Calliope.

Voldemort drew his wand and pointed it at Natalie. 

"Banshee, tell me, by killing Albus Dumbledore did I ensure this outcome?" 

"No," Calliope squeaked, "you ensured this outcome that night at Godric's Hollow."

"Crucio," Voldemort muttered. Natalie's screams ripped through the room and her body twisted against Calliope's

"Please! I'm telling you the truth," Calliope pleaded, "Harry will die. That's how the prophecy will be fulfilled. That night in Godric's Hollow you made it so it would happen like this. Please stop!"

Voldemort lifted his wand and Natalie's screams ceased. The girl panted, trying to catch her breath. Voldemort's eyes bore into Calliope's and she felt the faint tingling of occlumency.

She held her thoughts close to her consciousness and allowed him to skim the top 3/4 of her mind. He knew what she wanted him to know.

"Silencio," Voldemort aimed his wand at Calliope. "Bellatrix put the spare downstairs, the banshee and I need to confer." 

Bellatrix waved her wand and the ropes fell away. Bellatrix grabbed Natalie roughly and pulled her away from Calliope. 

"Now that we are cooperating, Banshee we can speak honestly with each other. I now know that it takes almost nothing to get you to tell me anything that I want to know. Your friends will only be harmed if you lie to me or with-hold the truth. Are we clear?"

Calliope maintained eye contact with him. When she was alone she was not scared of him. She knew that he wouldn't kill her because he needed her. 

And after that rather eventful chapter here is a FUN FACT:
Calliope was initially going to kill someone at Hogwarts when she heard the basalisk (when she paralysed all of the Hufflepuff girls), at one point that person was going to be Natalie.
:) (actually :(, that would have made me sad so I didn't do it).
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx