Twenty-Nine

Fred was true to his word and he stayed in the house whilst Calliope left for work. And then he did it again the next day and the day after that. The veil did indeed help Calliope, who was able to warn several Order members in advance of raids which meant that many lives were spared.

There was no word from Harry, Ron or Hermione, but Remus had stopped by Grimmauld Place a week after the wedding and he assured everyone that the trio was okay and were planning to move on soon.

Calliope spent long hours with the veil but she didn't cross through it again, knowing that Fred didn't want her to. He asked her on several occasions if she had been through, and each time she was able to answer him honestly, which was good because she was not good at lying to Fred.

One day in early September Calliope was called to an interview in the Aurors office with an Auror who she knew to be under the imperious curse. The woman questioned Calliope on Harry's whereabouts and warned her that, "Undesirable Number one will have disastrous consequences for you Mrs Weasley."

Calliope sighed, "I don't know where Harry is if I did I wouldn't tell you." This was how all of Calliope's interactions with the Death Eaters of the ministry had gone. They all knew that she knew exactly where Harry was but had plainly been given orders not to harm her. "Can I go now?" Calliope asked.

The imperioused woman begrudgingly dismissed Calliope, who made her way towards the lifts. As she approached them she saw the doors beginning to slide shut and broke into a jog, not wanting to have to wait for another lift.

"Hold the lift please!" Calliope called to the occupants of the lift. A foot stopped the door and allowed Calliope to enter. "Thanks." She looked up to see Albert Runcorn stood there. She narrowed her eyes at him, sensing something was off. "I hear you laid information about Dirk Cresswell."

"Sorry?"

"Don't play dumb with me Runcorn, I see you. You tracked down the wizard who faked his family tree didn't you?"

Runcorn seemed confused, which heightened Calliope's suspicion. This was not Runcorn. Was he imperioused?

"Who are you?"

"Ca-Mrs Weasley, I think you would do well to remember who I am." Calliope saw a small movement as Runcorn's wand dropped out of his sleeve.

"You would do well to remember who I am," Calliope raised an eyebrow at him, "he wants me alive, and the only reason we're even having a conversation is because you're not really Runcorn."

The lift clattered to a halt, and in walked Reg Cattermole who was dripping wet.

"Morning," Reg nodded at Calliope, who narrowed her eyes at him too, sensing that something was off with both men. The doors slide shut and they were alone.

Calliope turned to face the two men. Looking between them curiously.

"We can drop the act, she knows," said Runcorn to Reg.

"Thank Merlin, I hate this!" Reg said, "where's Hermione?"

"She had to go to the courtrooms with Umbridge, she couldn't refuse and I checked Umbridge's office and it's not there."

Feeling much more caught up after they discussed Hermione, Calliope was finally able to identify that this was Harry and Ron.

"You're still after that locket aren't you," said Calliope. "It's probably that one the Umbridge is always wearing around her neck."

"Yes, Umbridge has it-" Harry started, but the doors slid open, and two witches entered the lift.

"Why are you all wet Reg?" Calliope asked, keeping up appearances.

"Yaxley's office is raining," Ron replied, "I couldn't stop it, so they've sent me to get Bernie- Pillsworth I think they said."

"Did you try meteolojinx recanto? It worked for Bletchley's office."

"Meteolojinx recanto," Ron repeated, "No I didn't, thanks Calliope."

The lift opened and the two witches exited.

"Reg I think this is your floor," said Calliope, as the two witches eyed him oddly. Ron hurried out, Harry made to follow him, but Calliope moved to stand in front of him.

"Runcorn could you help me along the corridor, with those dementors there I can hardly get to the department."

Percy Weasley entered the lift just as the doors slid shut.

"Hello" Calliope grinned at him.

Percy narrowed his eyes at her, "Doge."

"Weasley acctually," Calliope corrected him, faking a good-natured tone, "any messages that you want you family to hear?"

Percy said nothing, but buried his nose in some paperwork, before leaving the lift at the next stop, leaving Calliope and Harry alone again.

"You need to get Hermione out of the courtroom," Calliope told him, "Umbridge has been wearing the locket, get it and get out. If Ron doesn't meet up with you before you leave, I'll get him out. Kill that locket and kill Voldemort."

"What else do you know about the Horcruxes? Do you know where the rest are?" Harry pleaded, "Anything you can tell us would help."

"I don't know where they are I'm sorry Harry," Calliope said. The lift clattered open and Calliope and Harry exited. "Expecto Patronum," Calliope muttered, her Raven Patronus emerged, "don't cast your Patronus unless you have to, get in, get the locket and Hermione and then get the hell out. As soon as you take the locket you'll have minutes to get out. If you can't get out, come to the Department of Mysteries and I'll get you out. Good Luck."