Eighteen

The Death Eaters did some rearranging and Calliope was shoved into an empty basement by Bellatrix, who teased her the entire time.

"Ickle Banshee still can't speak," said Bellatrix in a baby voice. "Let's see if the cat's still got your tong when we bring in your boyfriend."

Calliope was left in the dark of the cellar alone. She had been forced to disappear after telling Fred not to leave as Bellatrix arrived to move Calliope. She could feel that something was wrong with Fred, and she hoped beyond hope that it wasn't because he had been caught and was about to be cast into the cellar with her. 

The door opened again and two people were pushed into the room. An orb of light was cast to the ceiling by the death eater who shoved the two people in. The door snapped shut and the lock clicked.

Calliope hurried over and helped the girl to her feet.

"Callie," said Natalie, "Callie are you okay?"

She waited for a response, which Calliope was unable to give due to the continued effects of the silencing charm.

"Oh right I forgot you can't speak again," said Natalie. 

Calliope turned to help the other person up and saw George stood there looking slightly perplexed.

"You know what, I think they got the wrong twin," George said.

********

Days passed and the group remained in the cellar. Calliope tried every way that she could think of to remove the silencing charm that had been placed upon her, but she was unsuccessful.

The wandmaker Olivander was cast back into the cellar two days into their captivity and Natalie busied herself over taking care of the man, who was so weak from torture that he could barely lift his head.

Calliope had told Fred where they were almost as soon as Natalie and George showed up. She had sat in on the emergency order meeting that took place, but it seemed that no one was able to come up with an idea to get the group out of Malfoy Manner.

The Death Eaters still seemed to be under the impression that George was Fred and they all decided to try and keep it this way so that the Death Eaters wouldn't go after the real Fred. 

Calliope had been taken upstairs on two occasions by Bellatrix, who lavished in torture. She didn't just use Crucio but instead preferred to use a silver dagger to inflict the wounds herself. Calliope's arms and face were covered in deep cuts, which Natalie and George did their best to patch up, but they made Calliope's every movement hurt.

On the seventh day of their imprisonment, Bellatrix returned, with Wormtail by her side.

"Take the two girls," said Bellatrix, "leave the boy."

George immediately jumped to his feet and stood in front of Calliope and Natalie, blocking them from view of Bellatrix and Wormtail. 

Bellatrix waved her wand lazily and George flew to the side, his head cracking against the concrete floor. Natalie let out a scream, and Calliope's whole body shook. 

Wormtail grabbed Natalie as Bellatrix neared Calliope. 

"Now banshee, as you've been so uncooperative, we're going to play a little game. I'm going to play with you little friend here, and the longer you take to tell me everything the more pain she'll be in. Sound like fun?"

Bellatrix did not wait for an answer but dragged Calliope by her hair up the stairs. Calliope could hear Natalie fighting against Pettigrew's grip, but it seemed that he was stronger than he looked, as Natalie's fighting was in vain. 

Both girls were cast down to the floor below a large chandelier, and Bellatrix waved her wand, binding them together with thick cable-like rope. She waved her wand again, and Calliope let out a gasp. This was clever. Bellatrix had returned her voice, but she was unable to use it as a weapon as she would surely kill Natalie, who was far too close to her. 

"Now little banshee, tell me everything, or I'll start cutting."