Thirty

All of the ministry workers were kept locked in the ministry long after the shifts ended after Harry, Ron and Hermione escaped, taking a bunch of Muggleborns with them. Everyone was questioned, and Calliope sat quietly, trying to remain inconspicuous. She knew that Fred was beginning to worry about her whereabouts, she could feel his worry creeping through the bond, so after casting a furtive look around the packed atrium, where the ministry workers had been instructed to wait for questioning, she closed her eyes and went to see Fred. 

"Callie where the hell are you?" Fred asked the moment that she appeared in front of him. He was in the living room of Sirius' house with Sirius and George. To Calliope's surprise, Remus and Elphias were also there. Everyone was sat down, apart from Fred, who appeared to have been pacing. 

"Is she okay?" Elphias asked.

"I'm fine I promise, I'm still at the ministry," Calliope replied.

"Why?" Fred asked, not bothering to fill the others in.

"Because Harry, Ron and Hermione broke into the ministry and they're questioning everyone to see if anyone helped them."

"They did what?" Fred demanded.

"They broke into the ministry. But don't worry they escaped."

"And did you?"

"Did I what?"

"Help them?"

"Only a little bit," said Calliope.

"Fred, you're killing us, is she okay?" George interrupted. Fred turned to look at the rest of the people in the room.

"She's fine," he said, "she's still at the ministry. Harry, Ron and Hermione broke in and escaped so the ministry is questioning everyone to see if they helped them escape."

"And she helped them," Remus sighed, knowing what Fred was going to say before he said it.

"It's fine, they keep calling me in for questioning anyway and it doesn't really matter because they don't seem to be able to do anything about me. I'm like an annoying wasp that they can't trap."

Fred sighed heavily, "don't make them mad Callie that will just make it even worse."

"WEASLEY!" Calliope was called back to reality by the sound of Yaxley shouting her name across the atrium. "I will be questioning you myself." All of the ministry workers gathered in the atrium, turned to look at Calliope, who preceded to smile widely at the Death Eater.

She moved to follow him and the crowd parted for her. Clearly everyone there was aware that she was the most likely candidate for helping the boy who lived. Yaxley led her to an office in silence and gestured for her to take a seat across as he sat down on the other side of a desk. Calliope elected to stand.

"Please sit Mrs Weasley," said Yaxley, anger and restraint evident in his voice.

"I'm going to stand," she replied. 

"I'm going to be direct. We know that you helped Potter-"

"And what are you going to do about it?"

Yaxley almost snarled at her, "I will not hesitate to summon the Dark Lord if you continue this Weasley."

"The only person getting killed in that scenario would be you. You can't get to Fred, you can't get to any of my family. The Dark Lord would just be annoyed at you for wasting his time when you'll never be able to get me to tell you anything."

Calliope thought smugly about how annoyed all of the Death Eaters must be with her for smart-talking so many of them. If he weren't so fearful for her life, Fred would have been very proud of her. 

She didn't wait for Yaxley to speak again, but turned around and left the office, feeling very satisfied with herself and with the knowledge that the Death Eaters could really do absolutely nothing to her as long as her family remained safely in hiding. 

********

"You're okay," Elphias sighed with relief the moment that Calliope walked through the front door, he swiftly pulled her into a hug. "You gave us all a fright Calliope."

"Sorry, I'm fine." She apologised as she hugged him back.

"Why were Harry, Ron and Hermione there?" Asked Sirius curiously as Elphias released Calliope and she moved further into the room. 

"I can't say, Dumbledore only wanted Harry, Ron and Hermione to know for good reason," said Calliope, "but they got what they were there for and they got out."

An update for the anniversary of the battle of Hogwarts! 22 years since Voldemort was defeated!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx