Chapter Two

Sky gasped as she opened her eyes to nothing but darkness. At least she could open her eyes, meaning they hadn't slit her throat. Slowly her eyes adjusted to the dark, and she realized she could move. They hadn't tied her up? 

  She swung her legs off of whatever they had laid her on and looked around the room. It seemed to be a bedroom of some kind. Sky felt at the walls until she finally found what she was looking for. A light switch. She flicked it on, looking around the room to see the walls were a light cream color and the floor a dark hardwood.

    There was a king sized bed that she must have been laying on before, along with a large flat screen television, a desk complete with a laptop and what looked to be documents that were signed by someone named William, maybe he had been the last person they kidnapped. Bookshelves lined one side of the room and even what looked to be a full mini bar. 

   "What the fu-" Sky started but her words were cut off.

       "Nice to see you're finally awake."

   Sky turned and found Alexander Hunter standing in the doorway, he had taken a shower, his hair still wet, the bloody suit gone replaced with a t-shirt and jeans. She backed away from him until her legs hit the bed and she could go no further. "Where am I? How long have I been asleep?" she asked looking around for anything that could be used as a weapon, but there was nothing...Well besides maybe one of the girly throw pillows.

    Alexander moved further into the room as he spoke, "You've been asleep for the last day and a half and You're in New York."

   He passed her and opened the heavy curtains to reveal the city in all it's lit up and forever moving glory, the cars small from so up high. "I've been out for over a day?" Sky asked. "Yes, but don't worry we had a doctor over and you don't have a  concussion, you just sleep like a rock." 

   "What building are we in?" Sky asked hoping to get her bearings back and figure out where in New York she was.

 "So many questions," Alexander said instead, turning on her from where he had been looking out at the city, "How about you let me ask one this time." 

    He walked over to her and having nowhere else to go she stayed where she was as he leaned into her, close enough that she could smell the whiskey on his breath. "Where did you get this necklace?" he asked, his voice filled with ice. On one finger he held up her golden chain necklace, the silver snowy owl charm catching the light. Sky felt her eyes go wide as for the first time that night she realized that the familiar feeling of it around her neck was gone. "That's mine!" She hissed, grabbing for it. 

    "I don't think so," Alexander said, pulling it back, "You see one of my friends you met tonight would really like to know and I'm giving you the chance to tell me before he gets the answers himself.... And" he said moving to stand beside her, his voice a whisper, "You wouldn't like his way of getting them." 

  Sky looked away from him, her heart racing, "Why not kill me?"  

   "What?" he asked, real surprise in his voice.

"I already watched you murder a man tonight, why haven't you killed me yet?" Sky asked, looking him in the eye.

     "You know that's a funny story, you see all I wanted tonight was to open my club and have some fun, maybe have a few drinks, bang a model or two. But as I was heading upstairs with my friends, the man you saw tried attacking me with a knife, breaking every rule of the agreement of the four. So I was in my right to kill him if I wanted."