Chapter Six

"Throwing a fit really isn't going to help you." 

  Sky turned around and caught her breath. William stood there, her window open.

   "Sometimes throwing a fit just feels good," Sky said crossing her arms, "Why are you here?"

   "Alexander sent me to make sure The South doesn't try anything until we can figure out what's your connection to all of this."

   "So your just going to go wherever I do?" Sky asked.

  "Until Sunday, yes I will be."

 "Why Sunday?"  Sky asked.

 "That's when you'll be meeting Mr. Hunter, Alexander's father."  

 "I'll be meeting his parents?" Sky asked, her heart stopping. 

   William smiled, "I know it's a little early to meet the family don't you think, I mean he only slept with you once after all."

    Sky rolled her eyes and shook her head but watched his eyes grow dark as he went on, "But no, you'll just be meeting his father, his mother died in childbirth with his brother years ago."

    "That's awful," Sky said, he was so bunt about everything and she wondered why. 

 "That's life, you never know when it will end." 

       "How old are you?" Sky asked.

   "Twenty-four."

 "Then you're too old to be so damn emo," Sky said going to her closet and kicked off her heels. 

    "It's not 'emo' when you've seen your whole family and friends die at the hands of someone you believed was your friend, It's just the truth."

     Sky turned to him, "What do you mean friend?"

 William turned away from her then, "Nothing."  

   "Were you there that night? When The South...." she trailed off not wanting to say the words out loud. "I told you already that it was nothing."

   Sky bit her lip, great now he has another reason to hate me. "Listen I'm going to get lunch since you'll be my new shadow do you want anything?"

   "I don't really care." 

 "Your just a beam of god damn sunshine aren't you," Sky said dryly before she opened her door and left him. 

  She walked down the hall and heard her aunt in her room talking on the phone and Sky paused by the door. Her aunt always talked on the phone for hours after Sky would do something wrong, she never knew who it was probably 1-800-my-daughter what's to live her own life and I don't know how to let her go. 

   She pressed her ear into the door and listen for a moment.

"And what can I do? I've done everything I can...I know the dinner is this September but I'm not sure if I can make it with Sky out on her own and to make things worse she....I know, I know the owl is what matters now..."

Sky pulled away then as she heard her aunt's voice get closer to the door and she took off down the stairs. 

    Sky had just made it to the kitchen when she heard her aunt's footsteps on the stairs before she too entered the kitchen. The room filled with tension between them as Sky slowly moved around grabbing things to make sandwiches as her aunt turned on the t.v. and leaned against the counter eyeing her. 

   They stayed that way, the only sound was the t.v. keeping things from becoming unbearable. Sky looked up to see a newswoman standing in front of Washington Square Park.