Chapter Five

"I'M WHAT!" Sky yelled, her eyes going wide with panic. And then it hit her, she hadn't had her phone this whole time. Anne was probably going crazy and.... "Oh god, my aunt is going to  fucking kill me!" Sky said, looking at them before turning for the door. She didn't care that she didn't have any money or shoes, she would literally run to Brooklyn barefoot because it would be less painful than her aunt's anger.

   "Sky stop," Alexander said, catching at her hand stopping her. "You can't just leave, we need to talk things out." 

   "You don't understand,"  Sky said pulling her arm free, "I could lose everything I've been working for because of this, I-I need to see and talk to her or the whole police department will be out looking for me and when they find me I'll be locked away for another nineteen years!" 

  Alexander stood there a moment surprise in his eyes at her words. "Locked up?"

  Instead of answering she went for the door but Alexander was already there. "I'll drive you wherever it is you need to go. But I can't let you go alone." 

   "Why?" Sky asked looking up at him. 

 "Because The South believes that necklace is yours and that puts you in danger."

  "Fine, whatever I just need to go."

 Alexander nodded and looked at William, "You're with me, get the bag."  

William nodded and left them as Alexander went over to a box that sat by the door, taking out her heels from last night. She took them and slipped them on as William reappeared with a black over the shoulder bag.  

   "Let's go then," Alexander said and grabbed a ring of keys from a hook on the wall.

  She followed after them fighting the urge to run into the street and end it all before her aunt could.

  They stepped into the elevator and Alexander hit the button labeled G. Sky turned to the mirror-like walls and tried to fix her hair even if she knew there was no use. She was in a hoodie and sweatpants for god's sake. She wouldn't be surprised if her aunt had a heart attack because of that alone. The doors opened a moment later and Sky felt her eyes go wide at the room in front of her. 

   They had just stepped into an underground garage the size of a large house. There had to be at least twenty or more cars set in lines one after another.

  "Jesus Christ," Sky said looking around herself as she walked beside them, they had cars across every price point from a Tesla to a Lamborghini all the way to a baby blue jeep and candy red pick-up truck.

   They stopped by a black SUV and Alexander handed William the keys as he opened the side door for her. "We need to talk on the way to your aunt's about some changes that need to be made."

   "Fine by me, just drive as fast as you can," Sky answered getting in. 

  Alexander closed her door and both men got in. William in the driver's seat and Alexander in the passenger seat. 

    Sky looked over the room of cars and wondered for a moment how they would be getting out, given she didn't see any doors for them to drive through. She was about to ask when suddenly William started the car and driving forward she saw a stop sign, and in front of that stood railings making a box big enough for a car to drive into. William drove through it and put the car into park.

    "What in the-" Sky started but her words were cut off by the sound of something metal clicking into place. She looked behind herself to the rereview window and saw that another railing had risen from the ground to box them in. She turned back around just in time to watch the car start to rise.