Chapter Three

Sky jumped to her feet and stumbled back, her eyes going wide as she watched Alexander sit there, going still, a bored look crossing his face. She kept backing away when suddenly she was grabbed from behind. She cried out as whoever it was forced her arms behind her back, a gun placed under her chin. Alexander shot her a look, his eyes flaring when he saw she too had a gun to her head.  "Parker, what in gods name are you thinking?" Alexander hissed. 

  "Do you really think you should be asking the questions right now?" a man the same age as Alexander said, his black hair catching the morning light as he moved to sit next to Alexander, not taking the gun away. 

"You're in the North, I have every right to ask you why the fuck you're pointing a gun at me."

  "For now you have the North, but how much longer do you think you and your father will be able to keep hold of it? A few years?, Months even."

  "As long as we keep our end of the deal we'll be fine," Alexander said, though he didn't sound very reassuring. 

  "You know Alex you're a horrible liar, always have been," Parker said eyeing Alexander, a ghost of a smile placed against his lips a moment before he whipped his gun across Alexander's face. 

   Sky couldn't help but cry out as she watched blood start to drip down his face to stain his shirt, along cut running across his cheek now. "What was the point of that?" Alexander asked, trying to wipe away the blood.  "To prove a point," Parker answered, "To prove that I can do anything I want to you and there's nothing y-" he stopped suddenly, his eyes going wide and Sky saw why. 

  When he had hit Alexander it had caused enough movement to knock her necklace loose that he had been wearing around his neck so it lay visible. She watched Parkers breathing pick up and his tan skin go ashen.

   "W-where did you find that!" he shouted, his words echoing in the quiet morning, making a few doves take flight from the trees. 

   "Why would I tell you that?"  Alexander said, sounding as if he was bored and not like someone who had a gun pointed to his head.

  She watched as pure anger crossed Parker's face,  "Because if you don't I'll shoot you and take it anyway, so why not get a few more minutes out of life." 

   Alexander smiled at him, his lips steady and she didn't know how he did it. "Go fuck yourself." 

   Sky knew in that second it had been the wrong thing to say as Parker tighten his grip on the trigger, ready to pull it. She could see it in his eyes that he had wanted to kill Alexander for a long time now. "Stop!" Sky yelled, "It's mine!"

    For a moment the world went quiet, and a voice was screaming at her. It was herself asking what in the hell did she just do! Parker would have shot Alexander and she could have gotten away, and never have to look back. But another said you never could do that, after all it's why your here in the first place isn't it.

   "Yours?" Parker hissed, eyes cutting into her. 

Sky flicked her eyes to Alexander and saw the fear in them now, was it for her? Or did she mess something up?... Well, it didn't matter now she thought, I'm fucked no matter what. Parker got up, another man with a gun moved to replace the one at Alexander's head. He stopped in front of her, close enough she could smell the tom ford cologne.

For a second he looked down at her, his brown eyes hard, then suddenly reached out and grabbed her neck, pulling her closer until he could whisper into her ear, his voice a growl. "Tell me where you got that necklace and I'll make it fast," he said and she felt the point of a knife against her back, right where she knew the heart was, between two ribs.