Chapter Four

"And that is?" Alexander asked, tired.

Nicholas shot her a look and Sky got the message. "I have to go and clean myself up, may I use the bathroom and if possible may I borrow some clothes?"

"Of course," Alexander answered, "The bathroom is down the hall, to your right, we also have extra clothes in the drawers."

"Thank you," Sky said, and quickly left them, taking the kit with her. She found the bathroom and stopped dead.

For the first time in hours she caught her own reflection in the mirror. She looked like the walking dead. She was as pale as a vampire minus the sparkling, dark bags under her eyes, either from her make-up or having gotten no sleep. She had blood in her hair and the side of her face.

She reached up and touched it fining it dry, a shutter going through her.

She undressed, pain making her stop every few minutes until her dress lay around her ankles. She turned around so her back faced the mirror and she saw the cut. Luckily it wasn't deep, meaning no stitches but it did run from the middle of her back to her shoulder blade.

"Shit," Sky hissed. She went over to the kit and popped a few painkillers herself before she started to clean the cut, knowing what kind of pain she would be in for as she started the shower. It wasn't easy to reach around and disinfect it but after a good ten minutes of letting the water run over it she decided that was good enough. After she stepped out and dried off she faced her next problem, wrapping it. There was no way she would be able to reach it very well and without enough coverage it could get infected.

"Sky are you alright?"

She paused at the sound of Alexander's voice at the door.

"What are you doing up?" Sky asked going over to the door but didn't open it, "You need to be resting."

"I wanted to check on how your back is, I had a feeling it wouldn't be easy to bandage."

Sky paused, she wanted to tell him she was fine and could handle it, but then again she really didn't want to die of an infection because of a miss wrapped cut, it just wouldn't look good on her gravestone given the profession she wanted to go into. "Have you ever wrapped a wound?" she finally asked.

"You would be surprised at how many times I've done it."

"A-alright, give me a minute to cover myself and you can help me."

She quickly wiped a towel around her waist and grabbed another to cover her chest before she opened the door and let him in quickly before shutting it again.

"You know what to do?" she asked, handing him the roll of bandages and clips.

"Sit," Alexander said, pointing to the side of the tub. She did as she was told and sat, the pain making it easier to swallow her pride.

She let out a breath as she felt Alexander step up behind her as he unrolled the bandage, heat radiating from him. He hadn't put on a shirt something she wasn't going to complain about given it would give his wound air, but she was basically naked, something she had never been with anyone.

She felt his hand on her back holding down the strip of bandage and wrapped it around her middle. "I'm going to kill him," Alexander whispered under his breath maybe believing she wouldn't hear. "As long as you let me help," Sky said.

"Oh , you'll have to get in line," Alexander said, "William and Nicholas want the killing blow."

Sky nodded, only being able to imagine their history.

"Sky I'm going to have to go up if you want it all covered."

Sky took a breath knowing it was coming, but still having someone she just met the night before see her like this...it was uncomfortable, to say the least. " I know....Just try not to look at anything," Sky said, feeling her cheeks heat.

She let the towel fall from her chest and looked up to watch the water drip from the shower head as he did what he needed to. It was a few minutes of painful silents until Alexander spoke again. "Where did you get that scar?"

"What do you mean?" Sky asked, unsure what he was talking about.

"On your neck, by your collarbone."

"Oh," Sky said, a little embarrassed, as she realized the scar he was talking about. It was an ugly pink line that raced from the side of her neck to reach her collarbone. Normally she wore some kind of make-up to cover it but it had been washed away by the shower. "I-I don't know how or when I got it. My aunt said it was there the day my parents abandoned me."

"Weird," Alexander said, "It looks like someone was trying to cut your...." he trailed off before stepping back.

"You're all done."

Thank god Sky thought as she grabbed the towel again and turned to him, but he had his back to her going through a drawer, pulling out a black hoodie and sweatpants and handed it to her.

"Thanks," Sky said and put it on faster than you could say awkward.

Alexander stepped out of the bathroom and started the kitchen and she followed close behind after putting on the clothes.

"You two have some fun?" William asked leaning against the counter, eyeing her with what she could only say was pure boiled down hatred.

"Did Nicholas tell you the bad news?" Alexander asked, ignoring his question.

"No, what happened now?"

"Sky has been reported missing."