Nurse's Office

I walked to the trash can and went to throw out my avocado. I didn't realize the seed had fallen out, and I stepped on it and slipped. I felt my head hit the tile of the lunchroom floor and saw a blurry figure with blue hair try to help me up. I fainted.

The next time I opened my eyes, I saw a nurse standing over me. She smiled and said she was glad I finally woke up. As she helped me sit, I saw a boy standing over a counter in the corner. When my vision cleared up, I noticed he was filling out some forms.

"Hey, uh...who's that?" I quietly asked the nurse.

"Oh, that's Caleb. He's the new exchange student from Australia. G'day mate, amirite?" She muttered out the last parts with an accent that sounded vaguely Irish. She gave it her best effort.

"Can I say hello?" I asked once he turned around and we made eye contact. He had a white stripe through the front of his hair that was really badass, and I had never met an Australian before. He just...looked cool.

"Sure, sweetie, as long as you feel up to it." She assisted me in getting off the table and walked over with me.

"Here, Caleb, I'll take these from you. Are they all filled out?"

"Yup," he said, in the hottest Australian accent.

"Medications, allergies, vaccinations?"

"All good, Nurse Varli. Thanks." He looked over at me and I blushed. His eyes were so blue and big, I melted into them. As the nurse walked away, I tried to start up a conversation. I'm never very good at those.

"So, Australia? Those Tyrannical Devils are really something, huh?" I laughed.

"Uh..." He looked concerned and confused and offended at the same time. Suddenly, it seemed like he had a realization and almost keeled over with laughter.

"Tasmanian?" He asked between gasps for air.

"Huh?" I was now the confused one.

"It's Tasmanian," he wiped a tear from his eye. "Not 'Tyrannical'."

I looked for somewhere to hide and hoped I would just faint again. First encounter with an exchange student and I mess up a well-known fact about his home continent.

He noticed my embarrassment. "Don't worry, y/n. It's all good."

"Y/N? How did you..." I questioned him. How does every guy know my name?

"I saw it on one of the papers the nurse had. Did you know they have files on everyone here? They brought yours out when you um.."

"Fainted? Yea, that was a bit of a slip-up, literally. I slipped on...Oh gosh, I don't even wanna say..." I tried to hide my face.

"Come on! I wanna hear!" He sounded like a whiny bitch, but it was kind of cute the way he teased me.

"It was an avocado seed. I know, I know, hold your laughter."

He cackled and I started to laugh too.

"Well, I know two things to look out for in America now: Tyrannical Devils and avocado seeds." He poked me.

"Shut up!" I said, laughing and pushing away his hand.