Xanny

"Ugh, fine." You said, grabbing the pill out from his hand. You popped it in your mouth and swallowed it dry. He looked pleased and proud that I took the pill. I smirked.

"You wanna get out of here?" He asked, grabbing my hand and quietly getting out of his seat.

"I don't really have a choice, do I?"

We ran through the campus, laughing as we went anywhere we could. We didn't really have a destination, we just ran. His hand still in mine, we sprinted through traffic and tried to avoid the cars beeping at us.

"Where are we going?" I said through laughter and heavy breath from all the running we were doing.

"I don't really know! I guess we'll find out!" He turned around and made eye contact with me again before turning and pointing to a nearby McDonalds. "You wanna grab a bite to eat? I heard they have really good milkshakes!" I could barely hear him over the traffic and honking of the cars, but I still managed to come up with a witty comment.

"Milkshakes? What is this, the 1960's?" I retorted.

"It can be whatever you want it to be, babe. Can you dig it?"

I rolled my eyes and continued running to the McDonalds before stopping at the door, out of breath. We both sat there, hands on our knees and laughing at whatever our little adventure was. He opened the door with a classic "ladies first" and I walked inside while he bowed for me.

"What a gentlemen!" I said, exaggerating my words. He followed in behind me and suddenly, I felt the room spin. My feet moved from underneath me and I almost fell straight to the ground. Chase noticed something was off immediately.

"Hey, y/n, are you alright?"

I assured him I was okay and that a milkshake would definitely make me feel better, no matter what era it was. He bought a strawberry one for himself and a vanilla one for me, but then canceled the vanilla and said we could share.

"What is this, s-some ki-iind of date?" I said through slurred speech.

"I guess it is. And also, apparently, your first time on any type of drug." The person working behind the register looked him up and down in a mix of confusion, fear, and suspicion. So did I.

We sat down at a table and started drinking the milkshake before I realized I had forgotten my metal straw. Everything was going downhill. Alas, we continued to drink before a familiar face walked in.

"Heyyyyy, Addyyyy!!" I dragged out my "y's" and tried not to appear as if I was on drugs.

"Hi, y/n? Are you okay? Who are you sitt--" She stopped mid-sentence and glared at Chase. She immediately cracked her knuckles and then slapped him across the face. As she was picking me up, she told Chase to never come near me again.

"Come on, y/n. I gotta get you away from this asshole. Did he give you something? Did you drink any of that milkshake?" She interrogated me and the questions just kept coming.

"I--I don't thiiink? He gave me...a pill? A whiite. Pill," I stuttered out.

"Fuck, he gave you a xanny. Oh gosh, y/n. I should've warned you. Let's get you home." She helped me into her car and shut the door on me. I heard her mumble something along the lines of 'How could he do that to her?' but I couldn't totally make it out.

As we were driving home, I asked about why Chase was so horrible because he seemed pretty nice to me.

"Everyone thinks that. All he does to people is drug them and make them go on his little 'adventures' which usually involve fast food, vaping, and a lot of making out. He's not even that good at kissing." I could hear something tremble in her voice. She seemed unusually angry.

"My little adventure was kinda fun though," I was starting to talk in full sentences again. I think the drugs wore off.

"It wouldn't have been, trust me. I hope your mom isn't mad at you for missing curfew, though. Didn't you say it was at, like, 4 o' clock?"

I looked at the clock. 5:06. Shit.

When I finally got home, Mother lectured me and asked if I was vaping. I told her I just went for a milkshake, but she smelled the powdery chemical scent of Xanax that I tried to mask. She ended up taking my phone for a day.

The next day, I woke up a little earlier in order to get to the bus on time. When I got on, I met Noen there and he told me about some type of party. I guess I could go. I'd have to find a way to convince mother that 8 P.M is not the time that wiccans come out to assault unsuspecting children, though. Oh well. I'll figure it out.