Rabbit Hole

Who am I? Why am I still here? I am sitting on the doorsteps at a girl's house who I cannot even stand to look at. I shove my head into my hands. I can still hear the bass of the music blasting through the exterior walls. My mind can already hear the screams from my worried mother when I get home, or was it me who was screaming. My mind is screaming. I want to get out my head. Who am I? Why am I here?

That's it. I'm over this party. I take all of my willpower to stand up. I'm ready to go. Suddenly, hand grasps my shoulder. I turn around expecting another encounter with Addy, but no... it was Benji with Jorge with right beside him.

"Hey, Y/N. Oh, were you about to leave." Benji says releasing his hold on my shoulder. I looked at Benji's lips as he said that, then to his eyes... his pretty brown eyes. Then it hits me like a train hits a suicidal teen.

"No. In fact, I was going to look for you." I say, slightly lying.

"Cool." Benji responded simply. We all sit on the at the doorstep with both Benji and Jorge sitting beside me. I can feel their warmth against my arms fighting against the cold air. Do I want to do this? Why would I? I mean... it's nothing. It means absolutely nothing. What happened between me and... her means absolutely nothing, so do I even need to talk about it?

"So why were you looking for me?" Benji asks casually. I look at Benji, then I look down at my shoes. God. I hate for this to be awkward. I don't want to talk about Addy, but I have nothing else to say.

"I think I like Chase, Chase Hudson." I stutter to make something up. Benji looks at me then to Jorge then back to me.

"So a little crush?" Benji asks comically. "But why did you want to come to me?"

"I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable telling anyone else."

"But you don't know me."

"Neither do you," I say. "But you're sitting next to a stranger allowing herself to confess." I look back down to my shoes. My eyes start to water. I wipe my eyes quickly to hide my tears. It felt as if the music went silent, the only sounds in the world are our breathing.

"We're not strangers," Jorge says breaking the silence as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. "We're buds."

"Cheesy, but we're buds." Benji says doing the same.

I know who I am. I'm a liar.

(Skip the next page.)